I have a 17 month old son who is so active that it seems that he has no attention span he does say a few words cat,dog,duck,daddy,hi,bye bye, and juice but just not consistantly he doesnt like to sit still and do much he plays with a toy for at the most five minutes does anyone else have a child like this and what is your days like?

MoMMyto2971

Asked by MoMMyto2971 at 2:15 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think most boys are this way. At least i know my son was at that age. He is just now getting to where he will sit and watch a movie or be still long enough for me to read him a book. Boys are just active :)
    Kaydenz_Mom

Answer by Kaydenz_Mom at 2:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Don't worry, i believe everyone has a child like this ..... :D.
    he's just excited to being doing things on his own, and wants to do everything he can.
    It completely normal.
    Anonymous

• it's normal.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Boys are really active!! I'm sorry to generalize, but I see my friends with girls and they seem so much more relaxed. My son not relaxed at all! However, if you think he is too overactive, like if he can't sit still to watch some t.v. or to listen to a very short story, I would look at a few things. Make sure there isn't a lot of sugar in the diet and look at sleep habits. He should be getting about 13-15 hours of sleep a day. Sometimes overtired kids can appear to be overactive. Good luck!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• He sounds normal. This actually describes my daughter at that age very well!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:42 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think he sounds like every toddler I know.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:58 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My son is exactly like that he is almost 18months old and I would love to have his energy!! The bad part is I am now on bed rest so keeping up with him is the hard part. Although I do find letting him run out side for a few hours before lunch really helps run his energy out.
    Moe727

Answer by Moe727 at 7:42 PM on May. 12, 2009

• yes my daughter wont even play with her toys she just follows me around all day doing what im doing! And cant sit still for anuthing.. but.. neither can I!!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 9:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think he sounds normal. I would watch his sugar intake. A lot of kid foods are higher in sugar than we realize (cereals, juice, etc). If you feel like he is way to active, cut sugary foods out of his diet.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:29 AM on May. 13, 2009

• my daughter does the samething. Asked the Dr. about this and she told me that this is normal and not to worry until she is around three and still doing it.
    busybeemom820

Answer by busybeemom820 at 11:05 AM on May. 13, 2009