Right now me and my husband don't have a car so we have to walk every where we go is that safe for me and my baby we dont walk a long distance but is that still healthly ?

mommytobe420

Asked by mommytobe420 at 2:17 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• Yes it is healthy...very healthy!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:17 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Believe it or not it is VERY good for you and your baby. My SO and I are in the same situation. It will help you lose the baby weight faster too, and help your recovery after birth.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:19 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes it is healthy for both you and your baby. Why would you be concerned that it wouldn't be?
    Anonymous

• I walked for like 2 to 4 hours a day when my daughter was a baby! It's the only way she would sleep!
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 2:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It's great, as long as your not considered a high risk pregnancy. Your going to lose all the weight fast lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh, I see, the OP is pregnant. I thought you were asking about your newborn. As long as it doesn't make you feel crampy it should be OK. Walking and fresh air should be excellent exercise. I found with my second that walking a lot, it was on vacation and I walked much more than I'd been used to, it brought on cramps that night, but they went away when I rested, and I walked less the rest of the vacation.

Answer by Bmat at 2:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Very good for you just drink lots of water.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:35 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Totally! As long as you are not high risk. Of course you should check with your doctor about everything you do when you are pregnant but normal healthy pregnancies can greatly benefit from exercise! I walked 3 miles everyday when I was pregnant with my son and I had a great delivery because I was in good shape :)

sugarmagnolia1

Answer by sugarmagnolia1 at 4:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Walking is great exercise! We live without cars and walk, take public transit or use Igo.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Walking is great. It's very healthy for you.. helps you stay in shape and possibly help make labor and delivery somewhat easier.
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 7:31 PM on May. 12, 2009