do you weigh more when your on your period?

I hadn't weighed myself in a while and last week I weighed myself while on my period and it said I gained 5 pounds so I freaked out and decided to go on a diet then I weighed myself yesterday and weighed 8 pounds less than i normally do. So do you weigh more that time of the month?

mommyBrooke849

Asked by mommyBrooke849 at 2:19 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You retain more water when you are on your period so it makes you heavier.

At least that is what my BIL told me once, I could ask him again so I could find out for sure, he is a personal trainer.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 3:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Can you be anymore disgusting?
    Anonymous

• What the hell are you talking about anon? Everybody has a period and were all women here so what's the big deal about talking about it?
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• May weight is usually the same… be may 2 pounds or so off.
    Polo66

Answer by Polo66 at 2:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I just re-read what I wrote and I meant 8 pounds less, including the 5 pounds that I had gained so really only 3 pounds less than normal
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 2:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm curious about this, because I weighed myself on Sunday and almost had a heart attack over my apparent gain! I started my period yesterday though... so maybe that's it?

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Like we don't already have "fat" days without the emotional hurricane that a period can be. Then we start, and we have actual proof that we've gained. It's enough to make anyone want Rocky Road!
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 3:48 PM on May. 12, 2009