Has anyone read "Taking charge of your fertility", I would love to hear some feedback. Thanks

Tonika123

Asked by Tonika123 at 2:24 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Best damn book you can get if you want to have a baby. BEST.

I was pregnant the VERY FIRST cycle after reading this book. And I knew I was pregnant even before I took the HPT.

Forget ovulation kits. Forget the online calculators. This WORKED...after a year of trying.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:19 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have it, I read it, and I found it very imformative. The book I bought came with trial software for tracking your cycles, which I found very useful as well. It seems as though it's lso very useful for a naural birth control without drugs or barriers, since a woamn who knows her body can know when not to have sex. The tables in the book are useful as well, but are easier if used on the software. I highly recomend it, if nothing else for the information, but even more, I recomend the full version of the cycle tracking software. It's so worth it!
    Jinxiewolf

Answer by Jinxiewolf at 3:40 PM on May. 12, 2009

• FANTASTIC book. And should be read by EVERY woman. This helps ALL women empower themselves with knowledge of their own bodies. Weather or not you use it as NFP (natural family planning-birth control) exclusively, or in addition to your regular birth control, you will benefit from it. If you use it to achieve pregnancy, you will benefit from it as well. I was able to use it to get pg, and knew I was pregnant right away (before taking a test), knew WHEN was the best time to get pg, and was able to get pg within the first month of "trying", each time. I was also able to avoid pg, (longest was 3 years in between pg's) until we decided to try again. Both were natural, and didn't have to worry about ovulation kits, birth control, or any of that. Surprisingly, once you "get it" (it takes a few cycles to really get into the flow of things), it only takes a few seconds of your day to devote to understanding your body & cycles. Buy it!
    Ooftacat

Answer by Ooftacat at 7:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Wonderful book!! I agree with Oofta... it should definitely be read by every woman!! I first used it as an aide in TTC, and when my cycle comes back, I will be using it as a preventative measure. The software that comes with the book costs extra, but is totally worth it!!
    MelanieLouise

Answer by MelanieLouise at 12:39 AM on May. 13, 2009