Fencing ideas

We are pricing out installing a 6 foot fence, we are doing the installing ourselves and buying the supplies. Does anyone know of a cheaper route to go. I have checked into chainlink and field fence (squares that are knotted). It has to be 6 feet, I have a malamute and that is the safest height for him.
Or if anyone knows of a discount fencing store or something because we are looking at $1,000 and up for our side yard only. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pets

• Have you considered an invisible fence?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• ya but a lot of reputable breeders have told me that the safest bet for a mal is a 6 foot fence. They have a high pain tolerence and if a male smells a female in heat then he will go through it like it wasn't there.
    Anonymous

• We just had a 6 foot privacy fence installed a few months ago across the back of our yard and just that section was $1250.00 (it was approx 50ft). Doing it yourself should lower that price quite a bit. Using chainlink would be much cheaper and you should be able to find 6ft chainlink locally. I know our stores like Menard's and Home Depot carry it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• to diva320 i had a malamute husky before and we tried an invisible fence but their underfur is so thick that they don't even feel it even if it is on the highest setting possible.
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 11:36 AM on May. 16, 2009