Does your child say the blessing before every meal?

We don't go to church but she does goes to a church preschool and they say the blessing before snack time. I had her in the habit of it but I seem to be getting slack.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• My children say grace every night because of my husband.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• no, we're an atheist household. but thanks for the reminder, I've been wanting to institute a secular form of grace at meals.

Let us think thrice while we are gathering here for this meal.
    First, let us think of the people we are with today, and make the most of the pleasure of sharing food and drink together.
    Then, let us think of the people who made the food and drink and brought it to us, who serve us and wait on us, and who clear up and clean up after us.
    Finally, let us think of all the people all over the world, members with us in the human family, who will not have a meal today.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 3:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I say let it be something she does at school but if you don't do it in the home there is a reason. It's not your thing. She will learn it' something you mainly do at this school or particular place.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 3:29 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Nope. We don't say grace or anything before we eat. We don't believe in that stuff. They are encouraged to thank whoever cooked the food (which is usually me) because that is polite.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• No. My children have never said a prayer before a meal unless we are at a sports banquet. They do know to bow their heads and to be silent during that time.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 3:57 PM on May. 12, 2009