In the old days, blah blah blah

I get so sick of hearing this from the older people like my grandparents. I am pregnant with number 2. I had my first last july and due again in august. And all i hear is in my days we didn't go to the docotr as much as girls do now. We didn't know what it was untill we had it. You sure are missing a lot of work going to all these doctors visits. I just usually ignore it and go on because they have about pushed me as fas as i can take so i latly havn't benn going around them. I mean what does it matter. I am 25 years old. married and havn't lived at home since i was 17. And we live just fine and support our family.Who gives a shit the was it WAS. Does anybody agree or am i just being a bitch about things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i got very bored of it too! I live in the bible belt and many old fashioned elders live around here. they gave me "advice" or stories from back in the day, many of which were just myths.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry I get annoyed by it too, just the other day my grandma told me I wasnt supposed to gain more than 20 pounds because thats how much she could gain during both of her pregnancies.
    My doctor told me anywhere between 25 and 35 was perfectly fine.

LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 2:58 PM on May. 12, 2009

• well if you want to bite back tell them in the old days they strapped you to a bed. put you in twilight sleep & you birthed alone.....
    Anonymous

• my grandma tried to tell me that i was risking my babies life by going to all my doctors appointments because i drove myself. she said that in her day the doctor was called when you were in labor and thats all you saw of him. i told her that im sorry they didnt have the technology then that they do today. she hasnt really said anything more about it.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 3:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I know how you feel. Thats how i get so now i wont answer my grandmas calls. I have trouble passing out when im pregnant and i was telling her about what the doctors were telling me and she cut me off and started telling me that the same thing happend to her. She lies about that sort of thing all the time because she wants to be the center of attencion. This is my first and i love that people tell me about how it was for them i just hate when people tell me that i HAVE to do something. Because im going to be having my first here in july my grandma wants to be there when i go into labor but because we dont know always when thats going to happen she told me that she is going to be here the 1st of the month and stay for about a month in a half! the woman drives me crazy if she is here i wont be able to take care of my own kid she will try to take over. Hope things go better for you then they are for me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:38 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Answered at 2:58 PM on May. 12, 2009 by: Anonymous
    well if you want to bite back tell them in the old days they strapped you to a bed. put you in twilight sleep & you birthed alone.....

THIS IS SUCH A FUNNY AND TRUE ANSWER!!!!!!!
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 3:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think pregnancy tends to bring a great deal of unwanted advice. Sorry that they can't say something more pleasant to you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:00 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Nope, you're a bitch. LOL Just kidding. Seriously, though. We have PROGRESSED on how prenatal care and childbirth is handled. We're getting better, not worse. You think they would be more interested in how a particular field of medicine is progressing, not talk about the old days.

It kills me to hear about the old days. The one I hate the most is "back then, they'd let you smoke in the delivery room" SERIOUSLY? WTH?
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 4:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It kills me to hear about the old days. The one I hate the most is "back then, they'd let you smoke in the delivery room" SERIOUSLY? WTH?

LOL, yeah, i could see that comment coming out of my grandmothers mouth. She smokes like a smoke stack.

Anonymous