Tanning bed question....

I went tanning a few times, around the 3rd time, I started feeling like I was getting shocked. It didn't happen until a few hours after I was home. I felt them mostly where I have stretch marks. It was kinda painful and very annoying. Sometimes it would get so bad that the shock would actually make my leg jerk. I couldn't get to sleep on any night that I went tanning, b/c the 'shocks' would keep me awake or wake me up. I tried changing the lotion, but that didn't help. So obviously I am still ghostly white, b/c I had to stop going. I asked the owner @ the tanning salon, and she said she had never heard of that happening to anyone. The place is newer and all the beds are in good condition. My Sil went w/ me and she has no probs. Has anyone ever had that happen or know what could cause that?

4monkees

Asked by 4monkees at 2:58 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• No and I have never heard of it either.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't know WHY you are having those issues, but it definitely sounds neurological. It could be that the UV light is damaging your nerves. Maybe youre extra sensitive to it or something. I know that being tan is important to some people including me but everytime I think about going to the tanning bed, I end up getting a check in my spirit about it. I just spend the summers in the sun with sunscreen and brown up then. Don't chance that this could be doin something to your nerves. But no I have never heard anyone mention these issues.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:28 PM on May. 12, 2009