Anyone had/have braces?

How do they keep the braces on? I know they have these things called molar bands that go around your two back teeth, but is that all that's holding them in place? And how do they tighten them? I was also wondering if I got the ugly, big, plain jane kind if it would save me money compared to the newer, smaller ones because I don't really care as long as I have straight teeth in the end.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• THe bands that go around each bracket keep them on. And they tighten them by using thicker wire each time you go in :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 3:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• There is a square thing on each tooth where a bar type thing goes through each and then hook to the bands in the back. They tighten them by bending it tighter in the back where bands are. I say go with whatever. I had the normal plain jane ones. and they were fine.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:19 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Each tiny bracket is glued indiviualy on each tooth. A wire is hooked into the band on one side and through grooves on each bracket all the way around to the other band. Small rubber bands called ties are twisted around each bracket holding in the wire. they will add more ties or twist them a different way to tighten them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It's my understanding that eachsquare is glued to a tooth and then tightened with the wire that runs through them. I'd love to have straight teeth. I was wondering how well those "Invisa Line" ones worked.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:08 PM on May. 12, 2009