Both sides??? Really?

Okay so Im 28 weeks and just last night I felt movement on both sides of my belly. Normally I can feel it on one side. But I felt it on both it was so weird. Im sure its normal as they get bigger that you would feel it on both sides. But Im a first time mom so Im sure alot of my questions may sound dumb to some of you. Just curious. Is he really that big already to feel him all around?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 3:07 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep - I'm also 28 weeks, and I feel him everywhere! It's like he's extending all of his limbs and saying "party time!"
    lb304

Answer by lb304 at 9:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• lol it is normal. Your probably just feeling his legs and his arms move.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• This doesn't sound abnormal. I am at 21 weeks with my second child, and I can feel when he/she does a somersault - and I feel it on both sides of my stomach. It was the same with my first baby (although I didn't recognize it as a somersault until well into the pregnancy). At 28 weeks the baby still has enough room and is small enough to extend his back and kick and turn and everything - this will change as the baby gets bigger and runs out of room.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 3:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• you dont know the baby is really doing a somersault... theyre just moving.... jeeze
    Anonymous

• I can feel mine on both sides. Sometimes I think shes in there sideways lol... but she's probably just stretching out lol. But it is weird because I never felt my son move on both sides at the same time.
    hm61686

Answer by hm61686 at 3:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It just freaked me out cause I was like ohh man. Please tell me there isnt two in there. Since I am measuring a little big and twins run in my family. Ive been nervous. Although ultrasound showed only one I cant help but to think they missed one, LOL
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 3:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Imagine a baby doing a jumping jack, if you will. You'll feel it on all "4 corners of the globe" :-)
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 3:47 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks as well and can now feel and see her move on both sides. I'm assuming that she has less room now to move. A lot of the time if feels like she is in my ribs.
    lala9

Answer by lala9 at 5:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Anon, it's certainly possible....if the baby has enough room to move....I know I could tell if what I was touching on my belly was a butt or a head or a foot or a hand....so if you feel a butt on the bottom of your belly then it's on top and then back on the bottom it's perfectly possible to feel a somersault
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:48 PM on May. 12, 2009