My husband slapped me

I had ran to the store and left my husband to give our son(who is 2 1/2) a bath. When I got home I could hear my son crying and my husband yelling at him to shut-up. I was immediately concerned and went to the bathroom. Husband was standing there and looked at me and rolled his eyes, and said "oh my god he's pissing me off, he's crying because I poured water on him to rinse him off." I looked at my son and asked him what was wrong, which in turn pissed my husband off and he pushed past me to leave the bathroom. I said to my husband "I can't believe how childish you're being about this, he's just a little kid" He started yelling at me and I told him to get out of my sight and go into the other room. I had my son out with a towel on and he was still yelling at me. I told him to get out and he slapped me. I pushed him out of the bathroom and then he pushed me into the bedroom. He threw me on the bed and continued yelling.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• What do you want to do? He's your husband. I personally hate when the first thing that comes out of women's mouths is to leave the husband, that's the best advice you can give? it's been a 6 year marriage, there has been no other incidents, they have a child together! Doesn't anyone work on their problems anymore? what happened to counseling, anger management, second chances...geez ladies seriously!
    Anonymous

• Cont... I kicked at him and told him to leave. He refuses to leave, because his name is on the house. I have no where to go, because I have no job. What do I do?
    Anonymous

• Call the police and go to a shelter. There are shelters for women in crisis. That is unacceptable and once it happens the first time, it will happen again. Either get out or you are waiting for him to hit your son next time.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 3:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh honey, you should not have to put up with that at all! Do you have family around? Can you maybe call your parents? If they live out of state maybe they can pull a few strings and come to help you! Otherwise try contacting a few churches, they often have resources to help women in your situation. I know here in MN theres a womens shelter that helps you get back on your feet.. Good luck! Hope this helps!
    Anonymous

• Shelter time. This man is dangerous, he has no control over his anger. Your duty is to protect your child from harm, too bad it will be inflicted by his own father. Psychologically you are allowing your husband to show abusive behavior to your son and your lives are in dager. Once is too many for a man to raise his hand and strike at you. I would be pressing charges and running away with my son.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Is this a one time thing or does your husband have issues all the time?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I hate to say it but do you know of any womens shelters, My guy is impatient with my son too and we have gotten into fights over it before, but not fisical, That would be it for me.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 3:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• YOU SHOULD NEVER LET A MAN DO THAT TO YOU! EXPECIALLY IN FRONT OF YOU SON! HE'S GONNA GROW UP AND THINK ITS OK TO TREAT WOMEN THAT WAY. yOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING. THREATEN HIM THAT YOU'LL LEAVE OR ACTUALLY DO IT. HE HAS TO KNOW THAT YOU DONT THINK ITS OK AND THAT IS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN! AND HE SHOULD SIT DOWN WITH YOU SON AND TELL HIM WHAT HE DID WRONG, EXPLAIN IT TO HIM. HE'S ONLY 2 1/2 BUT HE IS AWARE OF WHATS GOING ON. I HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT! YOU AND YOUR SON WILL BE IN MY THOUGHT
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• is YOUR name on the house too? has he cooled down? is he always like this? did he perhaps have a really really REALLY bad day and took it out on you two? how scary. i'm so sorry this happened. if he's still being immature or refuses to talk about what happened, could you and your son stay with family or a friend for a couple days? if he does this again, call the police.
    Anonymous

• That's a tuff one... do you have any friends or relative that you could stay with for a while until you figured something more prement out?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 3:17 PM on May. 12, 2009