8-month old sleeping in Pack and Play

This weekend we're going to a friend's house for the weekend. Do you think my 8-month-old son will be able to sleep in a Pack and Play just as well as his crib at night? I'm trying to decide whether or not to go. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My niece and nephew slept in one all the time. Just make sure the bottom is not to hard for him. If it is i suggest either buying a thin mattress to put in it or putting blankets down.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 3:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my daughter will not sleep unless she is in her crib. not even in her pack and play. My advice would be to test it out at home before you go. tonight try it and see if she likes it. if not then You may want to see if you can find another plan for her to stay with someone else, or not go. sorry
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my son sleeps in one when he stays with my parents (like now, Hubbie and I are on vacation). he's 5 1/2 months and sleeps perfectly fine in it.
    no worries!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Depends, some babies get used to their house and feel the difference, not because of the crib but because of the room. My best friend's DS would not stop crying even if they laid him in bed with them. My DD didn't seem to notice that she slept in a Pack and Play but we put extra padding because to me it feels are and uncomfortable. You should be able to especially if you want him to get used to the feeling if you plan to take other extended vacations/visits.
    Anonymous

• We're going away this week too and my 9 month old will be in his pack-n-play. I really hope he does okay. He did really well in it at 4 months when we went away but that was kinda long ago. I'm going to bring his pillow, blanket, and musical box thing that's in his crib at home and hopefully it will comfort him somewhat. Good luck to you!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my son sleeps in it. He been there sence he was born. He likes it!
    Anonymous

• We took a trip to my MILS and my 7 month old dd slept in her pack and play. She is almost too long for it, but not quite. When she's tired, she'll sleep anywhere! Make sure you bring some familiar things like his blanket or favorite bed toy to make it easier.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 3:45 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My daughter doesn't care. She's in a pack n' play on any trips and at my mom's and my step mom's. She's in a toddler bed at home. She sleeps fine in all of them and on her cot at day care. Little stinker could sleep anywhere and thorugh just about anything!
    Anonymous

• My son is now too big for the top part of the pack n play so i just use it as a play pen now and put the floor on the bottom.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My DD is 3 1/2 and still sleeps in hers when we are out of town or she spends the night with grandparents. Could you try putting him down for naps / night time in it to get him use to it?
    Anonymous