Can I get medical/medicaid for myself if I'm a single mom but my son has private insurance?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Probably not unless you are pregnant. I know when applying it asks you on there about the kids and if they have insurance and who it is. But you can always try. The worse they can do is say no. Also if you are single, you can probably get your son on medicaid and drop his private pay insurance if you wanted too.
    Anonymous

• If youre 21 and younger and/or pregnant you can if you qualify financially. But you can also drop your sons private insurance, get him on medicaid and then put that private insurance on you if once again, youre financially qualified.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:36 PM on May. 12, 2009

• you could try to get pcn, its not Medicaid but, you just pay six dollar co-pays to see the doctor.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• What your son has has nothing to do with you. If you don't have private insurance and youre pregnant, then you can get medicaid. WHo does your son have his PI with? His dad? Also even if you had PI, you could still qualify for medicaid to pick up the balance. I did that 3 times. Ive always had PI but I had medicaid for my 20%.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh wait...I was under the impression you were pregnant. Sorry if I assumed. Still I don't think what your son has is a factor in your medical insurance qualifications.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 4:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• in our state not likely unless your pregnant.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:32 PM on May. 12, 2009