Does anyone else feel like they are the BEST version of themselves?

The last 3 years I have been married to a wonderful man, and realized what kind of bitch I really am.. So the last few weeks I've been improving every aspect of myself.. From personality, Being more patient, more compassionate, and loving.. To physical, losing weight and taking better care of myself.. To emotional part, eating better, being more spiritual, even trying yoga learning to eat healthy, and praying, and no more cussing! Haha.. I'm even learning how to actually cook different meals for him that he enjoys, because other than simple things or just heat up things, I rarely cook and clean.. And I figure by January of next year, I'll literally be the best person I can be.. But I wondered.. Do other people feel like they really are the best they can be and are the best versions of themselves?

PeytonsMom21109

Asked by PeytonsMom21109 at 3:33 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do feel like I am the best person I can be. I used to let people just walk all over me. Now, I am begining to stop people from telling me what to do. I stand up for myself, and I feel like that is a major step. I do cuss and I do fly off the handle sometimes, but for a person who used to hold everything in, I think that is a step in the right direction. Plus, if people don't like who I am, oh well. I like me just fine.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:42 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Absolutely! It's always good to try and improve yourself. Sounds like you might like to join my group for Moms like you who want to be the best wife and mommy they can be. We're rebelling against being mean, belittling our husbands, being vulgar and rude...we are on a mission to be REAL Ladies every day. We are creating our own fairy-tale marriages in the process. Please check out SWWD. We'd love to hear more about what you're doing :)

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 3:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think I'm pretty close. I could eat better than I do, but I have a good, solid relationship and we have worked together for everything we have had. I am a patient mother to my babies, SO and I are affectionate and loving toward each other. We have good friends, our own activities, and we are always eager to learn new things.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I hope your doing this for yourself not for him.. Because changing just because your SO/DH want you to will not work.

Answer by louise2 at 3:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Everyday when I wake up I think to myself, what can I do today to become a better person? It usually comes to my mind very easily. Then, at night I think: How can I make my family happier tomorrow? It also comes to me easily. I have made major changes in my life all for the better and I know that every day is a new beginning, a new opportunity to accomplish more than yesterday, be happier than yesterday and enjoy loved ones more than yesterday. I simply begin my day thankful for the opportunity to have a positive influence in my son's life and to shape the men he will become one day. In my short journey I am blessed to have a wonderful human being for a husband and I look forward to enjoy whatever time we have left together. So the answer is yes, I am the best version of me every single day, and one day at a time I can build a life.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I try to be the best me I can be, but at times I slip into the worst version of me.

I am constantly working on myself that is a benefit to me and others. If we focus all of our energy on just ourselves how do we help improve our relationships with others? I think that is what the OP was trying to convey.

You sound like you are doing a wonderful job improving yourself. I think a happy life is one where we constantly strive to improve ourselves so that we can improve our relationships with others.

Good job girl.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 4:05 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Finally I can say yes. I am 38 and I used a lot of those years not always liking me and trying to show the world how tough I was/am. Wasted time and energy is all that was..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• eh, I'm lazy right now. I'm probably no where near the best me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:32 PM on May. 12, 2009