Please help me understand.........................

WHY do people talk on their cell phones while driving? And, even worse, WHY to they text while driving?

Do you do either of these? If so, why? And, do you realize how dangerous it can be?

Ginny19

Asked by Ginny19 at 3:39 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I only talk on my cell phone while i am driving because i have to. I am a midwife so i talk to my patients while i am driving to them. Other than work situations i dont do i t. It can be very distracting
    Anonymous

• You mean, if they're not calling 911 to report that someone is tailing them? With texting, perhaps they're being held at gunpoint and trying to sneak a message to the cops? Those both sound like reasonable times for otherwise potentially dangerous behaviors.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:42 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i used to do it all the time when i was in high school. then agian i did alot of things when i was driving. i would be on my way to scool and i was able to drive a stick fininsh getting dressed do my makeup get my coffee from starbucks and eat my breakfest all at the same time. now i dont even drink when im driving for the most part. i just wait till i get where i was going
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't have a cell-phone (at least, one that works) so I don't do either. When we did have one, I would answer it while hubby was driving or vice versa. I would never answer it while driving, or if it was important, I would pull over and answer it. I hate to see people do that. It drives me crazy and scares me all at the same time.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:45 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I do both. I don't know what to say to help you understand though.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP AND PULL OVER OR WAIT TILL THERE AT THERE DESTINATION ITS LIKE THE ANTICIPATION OF THE CALL/TEXT IS KILLING THEM....
    Anonymous

• I don't do it often. If I get a call I'll keep it short and get back to the road. Usually it's just hubby asking where I am. I don't text. Takes too much attention. Hubby emails and talks all the time. He's always communicating for work. I get onto him and he just says he's used to it and can handle it. Drives me crazy. Just watch the road. You can answer your stupid emails later!! grrr.
    Anonymous

• I talk on the phone when I drive but never text. I do tell who ever I am talking to to hold on while I change lanes or turn though. I feel like I need both hands for that. I have no radio so I get bored. I know it's not a good reason but I have never had a problem. If I feel that traffic is to heavy or it is raining or dark I don't do it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I talk on my cell phone in my car because I have a 3 year old and it is about the only time that I don't get interrupted and have to do a million things at the same time!
    Anonymous

• I answer my phone while driving IF it is my kids calling after school to find out where they need to go. Sometimes my daughter's YMCA class runs long and I'm not there when my 10 and 12 year olds get home so they call to check in. And yes, I answer because if there was ever something wrong and I didn't answer, I would regret it. But only if its them and only for like 30 seconds to tell them where they need to go.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:11 PM on May. 12, 2009