Do you understand the dangers of..........................?

Do you spend time in the sun?
Do you wear sunscreen?
If not, are you aware of the risks of skin cancer?

Did you know there is free screening available for testing for skin cancer?
Did you know that, if discovered early, this is treatable?

Ginny19

Asked by Ginny19 at 3:43 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• I don't even go in the sun and I had a skin cancer on my face...so, yeah, I know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:44 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I know the risks of sun exposure. I choose to ignore it right now. I do tan, I do use tanning lotions that "help" protect your skin, but of course I realize that my beautiful tan could cause problems in the future. However, so could many other things....like getting in my car and running up to the store for ice cream. Sun exposure is one of my bad habits.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• thank you for the info. I just googled "free skin cancer screening" and found 4 Dr.'s that provide the service here in Atlanta. Thanks! I've been worried about a new spot my love has on his leg. It looks very suspicious. He thinks because he is Native American on both sides of his family, that his dark skin will keep him from getting cancer AND HE NEVER WEARS SUN SCREEN!!!!! If he has skin cancer I'm going to kill him...LOL!!!!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I know the risks and avoid over-exposure. My kids are always slathered in sunblock but I don't use any. If I get hot or feel like I might get burned, I sit in the shade. I know it's treatable if caught early and know what signs to look for =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• There are risks to doing anything, so I just suck it up and live!
    Anonymous

• I don't think she said anything about not living.................... omg, you go out in the sun without sunscreen, YOU"RE SUCH A REBEL! you keep sucking sweetheart..............
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 11:32 PM on May. 20, 2009