Does anyone else find this ironic that Miss California is criticized for being against gay marriage, yet Obama thinks the same thing and we don't criticize him for being against it!

Does anyone find it ironic that Carrie Prejean is criticized for being against gay marriage, but Obama is against it and everyone supports him??????????
Think about it.

Because Carrie Prejean says she feels marriage is between a man and a women, she has had criticism for having a boob job, and people have photoshoped images of her being topless.

Yet, Obama says the same thing and we cheer him on and vote him as president!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Donald Trump noticed this.

He quoted Obama as being against gay marriage in the press conference: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22413.html

Click on the video to the left to watch it.

Anonymous

• the girl can think whatever she wants and so can he. I think marriage is for a man and a woman.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 3:58 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My first reaction is that it's hypocritical. My next is that we apparently don't want beauty queens to have minds of their own. Or any minds at all, sometimes.

I don't happen to agree with either of them on this score. But everyone has a right to believe what they want.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:19 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Come to think of it, Obama has had some sultry topless photos too :)

Yes, it's ironic.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure Obama has his share of critics. Most of them on Cafemom! As for this woman's answer, I think the controversy over it is ridiculous. So now people can't voice their opinions if it doesn't fit in with the PC world? Perez Hilton shouldn't have even asked that question if he didn't want an honest answer.
    Anonymous

• Yep what is great is when an Obama voter wails on her about this calling her a bigot and other things yet the man they voted for and give nothing but praise to is of the same opinion lol.
    Anonymous

• i have other reasons to criticize him on and i agree with obama so at least thats one thing we do agree on. gay marriage is like she stated. woman and a man thats the way the lord wants it to be. i don't hate gays my brother is one but everyone has one vise or another. a sin they can't overcome.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't agree with their views. But I saw NOTHING wrong with what Miss Cali had to say. It was her opinion. And she stated it that way. She said she was proud to live in a country where you can marry same sex of op-sex... But that SHE doesn't agree with same sex marriage... She said nothing wrong!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• What I find ironic  (I'm sure I'm repeating here) about this whole Ms. Cali deal is the gay community accusing her of spewing hate and hypocrisy. All she did was "say" she believes in traditional marriage. While at the same time...SOME not all in the gay community are saying to stone her, and some pretty atrocious things are coming from supposed human beings mouths! Who's spewing the hate?

The gay community is begging for their rights, and choices while attempting to take the same rights away from others. Just because some pumpkin pie haircut'd freak...asked a politically charged question...in attempts to create exactly what happened! Hypocrisy at it's finest. Chalk another one up for traditional marriage...ha. As far as our POTUS uttering the same statement.....no comment!

Anonymous

• She isn't spewing hate. Perez Hilton and many guests on MSNBC spewed hatred. She just spoke her personal beliefs.
    Apparently it is only ok to speak free when those who spew louder and with more hatred agree with you? Or... If you are President Obama!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:11 PM on May. 12, 2009