selling on Craigs list question....

im selling a stroller and got a reply from this lady wanting it but has no car to pick it up i wanna drop it off to her as she asked but i feel like i would be putting myself in an unsafe position....she has no car to pick it up and i have been there! but i just feel like it would be putting myself in a trap.....what do ya think?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 3:49 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Take someone with you or offer to meet her somewhere within walking distance (public place - park, grocery store, etc.)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My opinion is this: She should meet you somewhere in a public location where there is alot of people around. Yes, bring someone with you anyway. You should never go to someone's house or let someone come to yours. This should all take place in a very public, safe location.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't go to her house at all. I would offer to meet in a public place and if you can take your husband or SO with you. I have sold a few things on craigslist and I always have hubby home when they come to pick the stuff up.
    Anonymous

• On a different note: You have to wonder if she will offer to meet you somewhere. You are definately right about your question. I just don't trust Craigslist. Never have.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Just drop it off. Do it during day light hours, take a friend or better yet your husband/bf. Don't go in the house or garage. Have her meet you in the drive way. No different than going to a yard sale.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:07 PM on May. 12, 2009