i never had acne before!! whats going on.???

my face is breaking out like crazy.. this wasnt somthing i expected during pregnancy! i was alway told youll glow.. look radiant .. instead i have more acne than i have ever had. most things i try dry out my skin and if i dont get strongenough face wash.. my face is over oily. someone please help. whats a good was or mosturizethat wont cost a fortune!!!

audreybaby

Asked by audreybaby at 4:10 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Wish I could say I had your problem...but I've had acne since about 6th grade...lol. It's never gone away! Your hormones change when you get pregnant and that's probably what's causing it...stress too. Be careful what you try on your skin while you're pregnant...some things aren't safe to use or are questionable.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It's the hormones that are causing the acne. I usually use Biore or the acne soap(sorry can't think of the name).
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• witchhazel is a great astringent for acne and will help w/ the oiliness... it also won't try out ur skin and is safe and inexpensive.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• This is very common and is from the hormones. Be careful using witchhazel on your face, it can be overly drying.
    Wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap, like an unscented baby soap, and a soft washcloth. Once a day, before you wash your face, put a honey mask on your acne (this is just honey). Every three days, add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Get back to me in a couple of weeks and let me know how your face is doing (I know that this works for teen acne).

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

•  

I would like to introduce you to a new company called Rodan and Fields, Yes they are the Dermatologists that created PROACTIV.  Their new company has come out with new formulas for many skin types and has just recently been introduced to our area, in fact I am the first consultant in PA.  Please check out the Website at

http://www.healthyglow.myrandf.com/  for more information about the products, and if you would be interested in placing an order or starting your own business with Rodan and Fields please send me a email at wildkelkat2@aol.com  We are bound to do well with the foundation and credibility of the products.

picklefish

Answer by picklefish at 7:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Try the Clearskin Professionals clearing lotion and facial cleanser. Its great for bad break outs but also doesn't dry out sensitive skin. Its very affordable too. www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping. Btw hormones are the culprit! It happens to a lot of women!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Skinscents by Waiora www.mywaiora.com/493761  This stuff is great.  Message me for more info. 

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 8:44 PM on May. 13, 2009

• When I switched birth controls I started to break out more than before. I ended up using good old Noxema (like I did in my teens) and after a few days my face started clearing up and feeling much better. Good Luck.
    blueyes581

Answer by blueyes581 at 10:56 PM on May. 13, 2009

• hormones do strange things, my skin did the opposite it was really really dry. I like Neutrogena products for adult acne and they have a really good oil free moisturizer. I use the one for combination skin.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:31 PM on May. 13, 2009