Has anyone ever had a false positve hpt?

I took 4 hpt's. 3 were positive and 1 was negative. I went to the doctor and the urine test came back negative, now I'm just waiting for my blood test results. Is it common to have a false positive???

dollfase

Asked by dollfase at 4:25 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I believe you can get a false positive if you are getting the HCG trigger shot. It takes about 10-14 days for the HCG levels to leave your system. What day of the cycles were you on with the first positive?
    Anonymous

• My last cycle was 4/12 I took the test 5/9
    dollfase

Answer by dollfase at 4:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i had a "false" positive before but what happened was that i was actually pregnant when i took the test but it didn't implant into my uterus....so i technically lost the baby, my ob said it happens alot & they call it a "chemical pregnancy"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy. I had one myself last month.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:42 PM on May. 12, 2009

• when i got pregnant the first time, i took a bunch of positive tests at home and at the doctor's i got a negative urine test, but then the blood test was a "faint positive" because i was less than 4 weeks. i think their urine tests are just less sensitive like a higher hcg # you know?
    CAgirl1214

Answer by CAgirl1214 at 10:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I did.. had 6 positives then got my period wich were false..
    Anonymous