Federal Reserve can't account for trillions of dollars

An amusing video to watch. It's about 30k per man, woman, and child that they don't know where it went. They're not even sure who is responsible for investigating on where the missing money went. Does anyone else think it's maybe a bad idea that a private bank, not the government, is in charge of this country's money supply?

http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/2009/05/federal-reserve-can-not-account-for-9.html

smalltowngal

Asked by smalltowngal at 4:25 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Level 1 (-9 Credits)
  • I would still rather have a private bank than the government. 8 billion times more than that would be missing if gov't were in charge.
    Anonymous

• When i hear things like this, yes it seems weird that a PRIVATE bank is incharge of all the money. And it is very strange that not ONE person has anything to say as to where it went. SCARY!
    Anonymous

• Well the gov't wouldnt be any better. They (the fed gov't) did the same thing with the bail out money in the beginning. Not to mention, they make a colossal mess of everything they put their hands on.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It is a "private bank" created by some of the richest and most powerful men in America and their descendants,I think. I don't know if I trust them or the Government,to tell the truth. See---there are people behind the scenes who really are pulling strings. Social Security and Medicare I trust. The Fed,I'm not sure about.
    Anonymous

• I'd also like to know where the money that was being transported to support growth in Iraq magically disappeared to as well. Someone should do some real investigating. Personally I don't know where to start.
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 5:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Right, very amusing........ but not surprising
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Does anyone wonder why so many people have started calling for an audit of the federal reserve? The federal reserve system needs to be shut down. It is full of corruption and greed. Not only that but it has way too much control on the economy.

Ladies this isn't about political parties. A lot of what is going on now isn't. It is about regular every day people being sick of the crap our government dishes out. I hope you all will sit down with pen and paper and make a list of things such as this, add Nancy's millionaire mouse and then THINK. We cannot continue to let the current political systems control our country. We the people know what is best for we the people.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• This is why I fully support Ron Paul's bil HR 1207 which calls for auditing the Federal Reserve. Read about it here: http://www.ronpaul.com/on-the-issues/audit-the-federal-reserve-hr-1207/

Spread the word, as this is a very important bill!!!!  This isn't about party lines either, we're all one in the same when it comes to having the right to know where this money is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

• Ron Paul has been fighting the Fed for years, and like the previous post pointed out, he has a bill that will hold the Fed accountable. Dr. Paul was panned by the media in the Presidential campaign, but he is a man who knows how to actually fix a lot of the problems we are facing as a country. For years he warned about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He is constantly sounding the alarm and both the Dems and Repubs trash him because he bucks the system and speaks common sense.

The Federal Reserve has played a huge part in creating the current economic mess. They have us using what might as well be Monopoly money as our currency and it is based on nothing of value - no more gold or silver standard, which is the only currency authorized by the Constitution. They have built a house of cards on a foundation of sand. It is inevitable that it will collapse unless common sense prevails. Check out Dr. Paul to learn a lot.
    TrekkieMom

Answer by TrekkieMom at 10:39 PM on May. 12, 2009