Denatal work- 2 year old

My 2 year old needs some dental work. The dentists he's seen think it may be due to enamel issues and not enough flouride since we drink only bottled water. I brush them twice daily and he'll even let me use floss on the little sticks. I took him when I started seeing white spots and was told all was well(which made the dentist he has now pretty upset, had they told me then that it was a sign of decay and used flouride this would have been avoided), within a couple months everything was a mess and it took me a long while to find a dentist who would take an energetic 2 year old. Have any moms dealt with dental work on young children? Most of the dentists near me want to use a papoose but it doesn't really seem humane. I don't like the idea of general anesthesia. I'm really unsure about what I should do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Kids' Health

• We took our daughter to a pediatric dentist; contact one near you for the best information.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on May. 13, 2009