Male or Female?

I would post this in the pregnancy section, but we are all moms, and all (at least should be) women.
Recently a friend of mine had a really bad experience (well actually several in a row) with a female OBGYN. I personally have had 2 female Obgyn's and one was terrible, and the other was ok but always seemed to be in too much of a hurry. Now, I have had 3 male Obgyn dr's. They have all been more understanding and over all more professional than the women. At this point, I prefer a male OB.
What about yall? have you experienced the same thing? which do you prefer?

Please dont turn this into a why-Ob's-are-the-devil-and-every-one-should-use-a-midwife post. Its a simple question.

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 4:42 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my ob is male & i love him... he's pretty old lol & has been in practice for 25 years so he knows his stuff & he takes his time to make you feel like he really cares about you & the baby
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have only had male OB's & they where both great. I am sorry that I am not much help. I would prefer a male over a female though.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:44 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Just to clarify, I'm not asking for help. I have a male OB now, and I love him. This is purely curiosity.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:47 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have to say I like male OBs a bit more. they don't have the "well I did it/mine went this way and yours should too" attitude.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 4:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my ob is male and I LOVE him!!!! At first I thought it might be uncomfortable having a male ob... plus i thought he would be less knowledgeable, since he is a male but now... Im soooooo happy that I picked him! I wont go to anyone else!!!!! He knows what he is doing... he takes his time... is super concerned for the health of me and my baby!!!!
    sxc_mom_of2

Answer by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I prefer woman. Unless he was a total homosexual, i HIGHLY doubt that they never get a woody from touching woman's breasts & sticking things in their vagina. I know their Dr.'s, but it is instinctual for men to get aroused when looking at boobs, & vagina's. I only go to woman Gyno's. I would NEVER go to a man. There is NOTHING anyone can tell me that would make me believe that a man Gyno has NEVER gotten a woody from sticking things in a vagina & touching her breasts.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• lesbians are OBs too. oh and many vagina's aren't of porn star quality and tend to actually be quite icky.
    Anonymous

• My OB/GYN is a woman in fact she was my "second mom" in high school so it was an obvious choice for me! lol But her male partner delivered my son and he was awesome (except his bedside manner was a little lacking...) so I would say female just cause I will stay with my OB as long as humanly possible. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 4:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I prefer a female OBGYN for this simple fact... How the devil does a male OB know how I feel? My OB has two small children, and knows exactly what I mean almost before I finish my statement. She knows how kicks and cramps feel, understands the mood swings, and is more comforting to talk to. Unless a male OB has had kidney stones, he had no clue about labor pains!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 4:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• well mine is porn star quality...LOL! And i don't want any man looking at it other than my love. And by the way....i think i did have a lesbian Gyno once. She kept offereing me "free" exams, & told me how wonderful i looked down there! NOT KIDDING AT ALL!!! So, I'm not saying woman are in the clear too. But, i would never go to a man. That is just my personal preference. I have a FANTASTIC gyno now. She is funny too!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:56 PM on May. 12, 2009