what to feed my 9 month old son!

my son will be 9 months old on the 19th of this month. anyways, he wont eat his baby cereal or any of his baby foods no more. this is my first baby so i dont really know what is okay to feed him. im breastfeeding him but that dont seem to be enough. when my husband and i are eating he would stare at us and trys to reach for our food, and seems interested in what we are eating. so if someone could help i would really appreciate it.

Mz.Mary

Asked by Mz.Mary at 4:42 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give my 8 month old son tastes of things that probably are very mild. Such as chicken with no spice, pudding, tortilla, stuff like that. No spice, no dairy until 1 year old, no nuts. That's what I try to follow.
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 4:45 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Hooray for mashed potatoes! Really, what did people do when there wasn't any such thing as the Gerber aisle at the grocery store? Just start out with small amounts of mushed up table food. (Just space things out so you'll know what did it if he has an allergic reaction to something.) Avoid things that might give him gas, like broccoli, and go from there. My youngest is almost a year old, and she's been eating table food since she was just a few months old. Try potatoes, mashed peas, yogurt, pasta, or scrambled eggs. (Careful with those.) Good luck!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 4:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• if he doesnt have teeth yet then give him soft food like bread, mashed potatoes, peas, or maked beans. stuff like that so he can mush them up in his mouth
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You could do one of two things... I feed my son some of what I eat but I also buy him the gerber graduates pastas that are made for the nest stage up from baby foood because he is protesting babyfood all together right now... So you can try that if that doesnt go over well then I would just start making an extra plate of whatever you eat...
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 4:51 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My boys were on all table foods at 9 months.

If he's already tried it and isn't sensitive to it, fix a plate for him! Just dice up the pieces and let him go to town.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my 6.5 month old eats from the table mac & cheese(individual serving cups of easy mac) roasted chicken, mashed potatoes (you can just buy the instant ones and make as much as your child will eat), cheese puffs, ritz crackers (better than saltine b/c they dissolve)...you can get canned veggies and mash them for the little man..canned carrotts sweet peas green beans...canned chickens etc
    LBAKER032307

Answer by LBAKER032307 at 6:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I am so having the SAME problem with my almost nine month old (he will be on the 13th) Its almost like I have to force feed him his baby food otherwise he WILL NOT eat it, but he will alwyas eat what we have just little tastes though, I too breastfeed him, but recently its gotten difficult because I cant get him to use a bottle for juice or anything and now he doesnt want anything to do with his baby food, so I say just keep trying give your baby tastes of everything and he can have mashed foods I give my lil guy potatoes and veggies mashed up and pieces of meat that he can grab himself, he doesnt have teeth yet so that limits things too. BTW I give him EVERYTHING to try even dairy products just not milk
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:20 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh and one more thing I forgot try adding just a very small amount of like brown sugar to his cereal and some fruit thats what I do and my lil guy will eat it like that......I guess he is a picky kid lol
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 6:23 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If you have a family history of allergies to dairy or eggs, stay away from it, but I fed my daughter yogurt and scrambled eggs at 9mo. Also steamed veggies mushed up, cut up soft fruit like bananas and avocado (DD loves those!) Cheerios, American cheese is pretty mushy, so give small bites of that. Having teeth or not doesn't matter since they use their gums to mush stuff up anyway. Just look at all the foods you're eating and think if he could mush it in his mouth. If so, it's worth a try :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:32 PM on May. 12, 2009