Do you give your family chores to help out around the house?

Do you give your children AND husband chores to do around the house? If so, how much? How is the house cleaning arranged or split in your household? Do you clean EVERYTHING? or is it split in a fair manner?

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:45 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son is too young. I don't give my husband a list of chores but I ask him to do stuff. Sometimes it gets done too haha.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My daughter is still a baby, but I do most of the cleaning. Dh helps sometimes, but it's usually just his mess that he cleans up. I do all the real cleaning . . . I wouldn't trust him to do it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:51 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Our boys have a chore sheet and they alternate jobs like empty the dishwasher, take out trash, clean up the living room, and gather laundry and hangers. I do the scrubbing, and deep cleaning, yard work, but it's good to have help keeping things under control. As for my Husband, he takes care of the house, vehicles, outside stuff so I don't ask him to do anything. With a fulltime job working 70-80 hours/week and being gone a month at a time that wouldn't be fair..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my kids are too young now but they will! my DH says that when they turn 6 they will be up with himin the mornings milking the cows and feeding th epigs and horses just like he was. LOL I'd like to see that.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 4:59 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I wish!! I have a 10 yr old that only does what I ask, after I asked for it 15 times!!.. It really gets tiering so I end up doing things my self most of the time... if any one has any ideas on how to make him help w/o threatening let me know!!!
    Anonymous

• I'm OCD, and very pikcy about how my house is cleaned. I do let my oldest son wipe down tables (I always have to re-do them), and he picks up him toys. And my SO is at work from 2p-10p, by time he gets home chores is the last thing he wants to do. Plus his cleaning isn't to my expectations, so I never ask him to help me.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 5:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I do most all, kiddo is 2 and picks up his own toys, takes stuff to the dirty clothes basket, and can help get stuff, he does what he can, Hubby's job is all outside stuff, minus mowing (which I love to do) and he takes care of all vehicales, and takes the trash up the driveway on trash day.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:05 PM on May. 12, 2009