What do you think about Warren Jessop, the FLDS religion, and polygamy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalist_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter_Day_Saints

In case you don't know about them.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 4:52 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think its sick and discusting. How could you marry more then 1 woman. Or share your husband. How could you let your 11-16 year old daughter marry some nasty old man!?

Im LDS, (we broke off from the FLDS) but i mean seriously. Its discusting. They need their children taken away from them for good. And a lot of the men who rape the girls, (if they are underage its rape in my opnion) need to be shot.

mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 4:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I dont' want to dog their religion because to each his own...but this guy with teenage wives and having sex is just repulsive to me. That is one religion I can't begin to understand.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It actually makes a lot of sense. I'm still wondering about the size of the gene pool they are using though and if it will cause problems down the line. I oddly give them the thumbs up. but then again they aren't running around trying to convert me or damn me to hell...
    Anonymous

• I don't really have a problem with polygamy, but I have a problem with the cult following, young wives, being married to a woman and her sister, having as many kids as possible...I mean at some point how do you keep track of who is family and who isn't when there are only a small number of families that believe like you and are breeding like crazy?!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:00 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think they are sick, they marry off young girls to older men and that is abuse. They all need to have their children taken away from them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• *Warren JEFFS Oh my friggin lord. Sorry I messed up his name. I was just watching a documentary on the whole thing and there was a woman being interviewed with the last name of Jessop LOL.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think the man has some real issues!! I have NO PROBLEM with polygomy! I think if everyone is of age and entering in to the relationship of their own free will, then that's their choice! But to brain wash people with extreme religion means you are just mentally ill or need to be... Personally in this case, I don't think there is anything wrong with this guy mentally. I think he has a serious God complex but that's about it. He loved the power. He loved the control... I would never stop someone from acting on their religious beliefs but in this case I believe it was causeing damage and was doing more harm than good... So, while I think it's your right to have a freedom of religion I think that when the religion is twisted and changed to fit in to what one man (or a group of men) think it's not a religion anymore and it's dangerous.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• To each there own, I can not say whether it is right or wrong. EVERY religion is different and all believe and worship differently. However, I do not believe that way, and would never get involved with that. I do however, think its wrong that girls can marry at such a young age and to much older men. I think that the Justice System should over rule religious practices of this sort.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 5:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I myself am not for it, however I do want to say how I find it odd that we have a justice system that makes polygamy illegal...when a man chooses to have more than one wife, which by the way these women AGREE to, and we live in a society where there is no law against stepping outside of your marriage and having an affair to which the other person has no say in! I find this upsetting!

I also want to say I am against marring children...these girls who are 12-16~
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 5:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have no problem with consenting adult deciding have more then one spouse. Teenage girls are not consenting, no questions asked. The federal government should acknowledge one union for the purpose of taxes and property. But if your church allows multi marriages who I am to judge. Islam allows for four wives, but only if the man can provide a household for each of them.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 5:34 PM on May. 12, 2009