How often do you have your LOs pictures taken?

I get them taken about once a month...that way I have enough for everybody to have some and only have to pay for the advertised packages and I'm not out a lot of money.

...plus we all know they grow so fast... :(

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 4:55 PM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• With my older kids it was every two months, but sadly with #'s 5, 6 & 7. I rarely do them professionaly. I do them myself (not bad if I say so :) ) but even then it is only once a year.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 5:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Where do you go to get the pictures done? I'm due in July and would like to get pictures done now with just DH and I and then like you about once/month after baby gets here.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 4:59 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I go different places. Wal-mart for some basic pics...they usually offer packages with an 8x10, two 5x7s, four 3.5x5s, and 16 wallets for about $7. Not bad at all. For others, I go to J.C. Penny and they let you pick however many pages you want for $3.99 each or a package for $8 with a coupon. Olan Mills is a bit more expensive, but not crazy...more like $20 for a package similar to what I mentioned with Wal-Mart.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Thanks! The place we have gone to in the past is no longer in business so I wasn't sure what good alternatives were/are.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 5:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i called the place at walmart and she said it would cost about 100 dollars for the pictures. it was ridiculous. id rather do em myself.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 5:17 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yikes!! Wal-Mart's pictures can get expensive in a hurry if you buy more than their advertised package!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:20 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Every 3 months, or if there is a holiday close we will just wait for that. She is 21 months and I've had them done 8 times. We mostly go to Penny's and use the coupon.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 6:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have only had my son's pics done professionally 2x in 3 yrs. Why? B/C I can take pictures and actually get him to smile and my big thing is I like more candid shots better than staged. I scrapbook so I take a lot of photos of him and show case about anything he does! If I want them professionally done then I go my friend(she is great and does this on the side).
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:44 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm thinking about going to portriat innovations for my duaghters year old pictures. We went at christmas for a family picture and they turned out great! Usually the day care has a lady come in 2x a year or sometiems 3. I usally just get those, but she was sick this last time.
    Anonymous