When and how often do you get your 'girls night outs'?

As a mother it is extremely difficult to get time for ourselves... let alone time to go hangout with the girls without having to take a kid or two along... When and how often do you get to have your 'girls nights' with your friends? Who watches the kids? What is your husbands response? Is he all for it? or does he call you constantly asking when you are coming home because he is going insane? LOL

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 4:58 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Whats a girls night out?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I can go when I want but I choose every six weeks or so. My husband watches the kids or a babysitter does. But I let him ski and golf for hours when he wants so it's his turn. He's really good with the boys.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I get invited once or twice a month, and my DH is all for me going and wants me to go, but I never go b/c I can't afford to. I went one night and my friends bought my dinner, but I didn't have fun b/c I felt guilty the whole time.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I dont really have a girls night out. I dont' mind though. If I am not at work then i am with my family and when my son is w his dad on the weekends then I am w my Fionce. Neither of us needs a girls/guys night out. We do everything together and for that i am glad
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I dont really have a girls night. I dont live near any of my old friends and i dont have many here. So once a month i go with my mom and a group of her friends to play bunko. I am the youngest one there. I am 21 and everyone else is 43 or older. But it is fun. My husband watches the kids for me and he is all for it. He knows that if i dont get soem mommy time that i will go crazy and take it out on him.so he is usually pushing me out the door lol
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 5:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i have a 2 year old and a 6 month old. if i want to go out, the husband HAS TO tag along. i've been out once by myself since my 6 month old was born. and while i was out, he constantly called. texted me wondering what i was doing. i had to act like a 5 year old yelling and screaming to get my way to go out for one night. and he still tried to pull that guilt trip shit. he's a control freak so that's why he does that. he's an asshole.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 5:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Out of respect for my Husband and our marriage we agree that if we are going out we will be together. I also feel I've outgrown the need to have a girls night out.
    Going out to lunch or shopping with my friends are ok, or taking the kids to the park w/e is fine though, it's a totally different atmosphere and not hanging out in a bar..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I dont have any kids yet but me and my friend back in elpaso before i had to move used to go out every month at least one saterday. And i would send my hubby over to her house and the guys would have the kids for the day. It was nice because when we would go out both of us were able to relax and my hubby was able to get some hands on work with their new baby. then at least once a month i kick the guys out so they can have their night. And i go help my friend with her kids. My hubby is all for it because he likes his time to himself or with the guys and unless its getting super late we dont call or text eachother. but when we go out we always tryed to be back between 11 and 1 in the morning depending on what we were doing that night/day. so when it got to be 11 i would call to see when he was planning on heading home.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I get out with the girls maybe once every 2-3 months. The biggest issues is scheduling the girls with our busyiness in the way. Dh is in charge of the kids and has no issue with me going at all... but "girls night out" for me is generally just a long dinner, home by 10ish.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 5:51 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Usually every other FRIDAY but I'm pregnant so I dont drink.
    You know? I'm in for 9 mo.=]
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 5:56 PM on May. 12, 2009