Im 33 weeks pregnant and im wondering when i should have a bag ready for the hospital and wat should i pack?

Rohrig

Asked by Rohrig at 3:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well, you still have over a month til your due, but it is pretty fun getting the bag ready! :D so what the heck! go ahead and get it ready!
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 3:25 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Definitly cozy pajamas for you to wear because it isnt nice having visitors wondering if you are gonna flash a boob out of one of the holes....if you have a favorite pillow that comforts you magazines if you dont plan on having lots of visitors..personals of course if you prefer(shampoo,cond. etc..)as for baby outfits that are reasonable as in size (because you dont know what size your baby is gonna be and an extra neutral outfit if you have been told the gender of your baby just in case it comes out not what you are expecting!! (ALSO) my son scratched his face a lot so maybe some hand mittens. camera anything you can think that you might use bring it!! and be reasonable with your outfit home you leave the hospital looking as if you are still with child!!
    crissy386

Answer by crissy386 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• slippers and a robe are a must.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 4:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Definately pack, you never know, besides, I packed and re-packed my bag a million times! I was overdue and was induced, I re-packed about 15 times the day I went in...lol...it gives you something to do with those nerves that make you organize everything. bring stuff to keep you busy and stuff to keep you comfy, definately a robe, my gown was wide open in back and I bled a lot after, the robe they gave me was light so the blood leaked through, It was pretty embarrasing...oh yeah, and pads that you like, Im very picky so I made my hubby buy me some pads I liked so I was comfier. bring some baby stuff too, especially wipes, all they gave us were paper towel type wipes that we had to wet under the sink! Pacifier and any bottle nipples you want to try, we had about 5 different nipples, we tried them at the hospital, found the one she liked and my hubby bought a bunch before we got home from the hospital so we were ready.
    Anonymous

• NOW. Since most babies can survive after 26 weeks gestation, my doctor recommends having a bag packed around that time frame - just in case. Plus, having it packed now will give you some peace of mind that you've got one less thing to worry about. CONGRATULATIONS!
    chezkris10

Answer by chezkris10 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• *pack a bathing suit if you are modest so you can get in the jacuzzi tub without being embarrassed. Get your hubby/significant other to pack theirs too so they can get in with you. The hospital staff doesn't mind seeing you naked, but your hubby is a different story.
    *Pack long THICK pads. Long because you leak in every direction (sorry if that is TMI) and thick because they're cushy and your bottom is ouchy and bruised.
    *Pack high energy snacks! Welch's fruit snacks, granola bars, etc. You'll be hungry alot and the hospital might not be quick enough for you.
    *Pack flip-flops to wear in the hospital shower.
    *Pack baby wipes! The hospital I was at didn't give us wipes!
    *Pack everything your heart desires to bring for that little baby. Don't listen to anyone telling not to bring this or that.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 3:48 PM on Jun. 19, 2008