RE: I just saw this in an answer (reworded)

Are their really ppl out there who rock their 6yr old + children to sleep on an every day basis!!!

Not when they are sick or when they need extra love that day, thats not what im talking about!!

Just like rocking an infant to sleep

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 5:21 PM on May. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yeah some people do... they dont realize that eventually it will make them emotionally insecure in some ways thats my opinion on it all
    Anonymous

• Thats what i think! I think its ridiculous. MY OPINION!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• thank you! mommyofaurora you are my favorite person today!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 5:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i see nothing wrong with showing a child you care about them.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 5:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Would you please make a list of all the things you do or believe in and lay them out in numerical order according to priority. Then I will go through and find the things that I think are ridiculous and make sure I tell you about them.....see how silly that sounds. I am SURE that we ALL do things that are considered unconventional to other moms but it works for us. What makes kids emotionally insecure is when mom and dad can't keep their home together because their both selfish, or better yet, never having a dad at all, being rejected by one or both parents, being bullied at school. I mean the list can go on an on. I am not saying its healthy, I am just saying that if it works for her, the who the hell cares. Oh and btw, I let my son have coke sometimes. I actually put it in his sippy cup for him. He asks for coke now instead of juice, he doesnt drink milk and he still sucks a passy at 3. I guess Im a horrible mother...LOL
    Anonymous

• PUHLEEZE!!!!!! Alot of things factor into producing an emotionally insecure child. I still sometimes hold my 13 y/o/ on my hip...and hold him like a baby. At the same time, he is one of the most secure and independent kids that I know. It's all in how you go about it. He also co-slept until age 10, yet, could go to camp for a week during the summer or stay at grandpas all summer while sleeping by himself. He spends the night with friends since Kindergarten. He is also a kid that got to watch any and everything on tv from birth. Was watching horror movies and pg-13 movies at 2,3 and 4. You cannot force them to remain babies, I have never seen a college kid with a paci or bottle or diapers or getting rocked. So, I have and will continue to "Baby my kid".
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:39 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Lol see Anon that is the difference between you and i. Im just stating my opinion. Im not trying to hurt her or make her feel like a bad parent. Im just seeing if there are REALLY ppl out there who do that!! I have never heard of such a thing. As i said, in my opinion its ridiculous!

Lol and i would make you a list of everything i believe in and what i dont, because your opinion wouldnt bother me. Just as i dont expect my opinion to bother you or her or any other mom on here.

Just so you know my 16 month old asks for "pop" as well. She has 2 sippys a day. LOL. Am i calling you a bad mom >? NO! Do what you do.

mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• So braiden in my son.

Just because it hasnt affect him yet, doesnt mean it wouldnt later.
    My mom babys the hell outta my 13 yr. old brother, has since he was born. Like i said hes 13 and still wont poor himself a glass of milk or pick out his own clothes.

When he is old enough to move out i know my mom will have a fit and thats if he moves out.

Its affecting them in the long run. He will either want you there all the time, or hate you because your still babying him.

MY OPINION!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 5:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• last thing i am going to say on this subject (maybe) is that just because im not going to rock my perfectly healthy 6 year old kid to sleep every night doesnt mean that i am rejecting him. Before i put my kids to sleep for their naps or at bed time i kiss them tell them i love them read them a book and actually have a conversation with them about their day. I love my kids more than life intelf and i find it rather intresting how personally people are talking this comment!

and omg you give you 3 year old coke OMG!! < since you cant see me say that im just lettin gyou know that it was a joke! you know haha funny :)
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 5:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I also said: alot of things factor into it. Just babying doesn't do it. She must do many other things counter-productive to his emotional well-being as well. I baby, yet, help him progress..it is a fine line. He is exactly as a 13 y/o should be...he can still play, and doesn't think he is grown, but, he is very mature and smart and independent. He can pour his drink and pick out his clothes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:49 PM on May. 12, 2009