Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get through to her dad?

Im fixin to be a mom at 17 years old and the dad left me cuz he is too young to understand whats going on. He still wants to be a kid and have a kid at the same time. he says im too emotional and annoying and I dont know how to get him to see its mostly cuz im pregnent right now. He says all kinds of things from I found someone else to were done yet he still acts like were together sometimes. Im stuck!!! What can I do??

Answer Question

Asked by dancerdeer70 at 5:23 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • tell him you don't wanna deal with his little mind games, and you need to choose whether to just move on or keep getting played... tell him that you want him involved in your baby's life but not to be together he needs to grow up and you're forced to theres bigger and better

    Answer by Breezy1988 at 5:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Figure out what YOU want. It's not about him. When you know what you want then tell him and tell him to grow up. He did this. He needs to step up to the plate and be responsible. I dont' think you are the mature one, he is. If all else falls through then you make sure you file for child support from him.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:29 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • ask him if he wants to be a father or another pos sperm doner who's to afraid to be a man.
    He mad his bed and he should be man enough to lay in it.

    Answer by LilChynaDollie at 5:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • I do understand pregnancy hormones without a doubt but if you're able to recognize that you're having some emotional problems, then do your best to tell him to hold on a sec while you get yourself together. If he doesn't want to be a part of this, you can't make him but he is financially liable to this child and should be invited to the birth (in or out of the delivery room, your choice) and you should also request DNA test upon delivery so that you can get child support started and insurance on the child (he'll be liable for it most likely).
    Pretty soon you're going to be too busy to be playing these games he's playing, and it doesn't sound like he's going to be much help so my advice is to let him go do whatever he wants and concentrate on you and the baby and follow up on the child support.

    Answer by lisa_ann_p at 5:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Its hard to move out not only because you kno I love him to death but i have problems with my parents. Part of the problem is whp he hangs out with. Its not right of me to say who he can and cant be friends with so how do I tell him he is changing for the worse. Im afriad to let the baby be with him alone I aure dont want him showing her off to get girls and such. Its not right in my opinion. I love him I really do and its like I cant say no to him.

    Answer by dancerdeer70 at 5:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.