Has anyone who planned on Formula feeding changed their mind based on the FF vs BF battle that goes on here on CM?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never. Ever.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• yes. a friend of mine sent me a link to a cafemom journal while i was pregnant and it changed my mind. i planned on formula feeding but the journal had such amazing information and not anything i had ever come across before.
    i'm so thankful to my friend for sharing that with me.
    Anonymous

• Nope. I think BF is great and I love that people do it. I think they should be able to do it in public w/out getting dirty looks, I think they should be able to post pictures of themselves doing it, I think they should continue doing it past the first year if they want. But I didn't BF, I FF from day one and I don't regret it at all. I see some posts that talk like feeding your kid formula will kill it (there was a woman that had some post about that, how FF babies die more than BF babies???) My daughter is a happy healthy growing one year old. Moms need to do what they need to do. It's SO not the end of the world if you don't BF!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:23 PM on May. 12, 2009

• There's way too much FALSE and INTENTIONALLY MISLEADING information on cafemom about formula, so I wouldn't rely on it to make a decision. When I decided to breastfeed (before I found out I was unable to continue), I made that decision on my own. I didn't rely on cafemom or any other parenting forum.

I understand how some BF moms are passionate about breastfeeding, but I can't understand the need to belittle and bully moms who either choose not to or are medically unable to. Makes no sense to me...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

• heck no. I do my research on reputable sites. This site has some good tips, but you can't always trust just any person. I do my resereach, check with my doc, the hosp, etc. Same thing with the vaccine debate, car seat questions, etc.
    Anonymous

• I Bf then went to FFing with my older 2 and people on this site helped me find more info about formula...yeah I did my own research to they just got me thinking...I have read medical journals and spent alot of time searching online...even looked up what the actual listed ingredients on the formula can really were because most of it sounds like crazy stuff seriously...

I chose to Bf my last because of the info I found and I refuse to use formula for another of my children. Does this mean I'm a better mom because I BF...um no, but it means what I feed my child is better, does it mean that I think badly of FFing moms nope, its their child their choice.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Kinda. I knew I wanted to nurse when I was pregnant. But it wasn't til I got the passion and resources from CM that I KNEW I would never use formula.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:57 PM on May. 13, 2009