Do you pull over??

So today when I was on my way to a Dr.s appointment, there was a funeral presesion(SP?) and me and a few of the other cars pulled over to the shoulder, while many other cars just flew right past us, I think it shows respect to the deceasd(SP?) and their family to pull over till they are past. do you pull over??

sarahdicksonjr

Asked by sarahdicksonjr at 5:52 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I pull over and turn the radio off--take a moment of silence.
    Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 5:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If they are on the same side of the street? Opposite side? Is there a police escort? I don't know...I honestly don't remember. I guess it isn't a priority ...
    Anonymous

• I pull over EVERY time no matter what. It makes me really angrey when I see peaple just drive right on by. It also irks me that no one pulls to the side for ambulances, fire trucks and cops anymore, if you hear a siren pull over people!
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 5:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• never been in that situation but I think its respectful to pull over. What if that were your family's funeral? Would you want people flying by putting the body and people at risk....no.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If in that situation yes I would.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:05 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Well, where I understand where you are coming from, in some parts of the country this is not practiced. I moved to the South from the Chicago area and had no idea why the cars were pulling over.. It is not something that is practiced throughout. To me, I think it is highly dangerous and I do not do it. One time I was stopped by a man that pulled in front of me... If I would have hit him, I would have sued. It is not mandatory!! It is an option.
    Anonymous

• I pull over. I like to show the respect. Also it is just easier to let them go by.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 6:07 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I pull over and if until they pass and bow my head for the hearse and family car followed by a short prayer. There are some that pass me by but I figure I am doing right by God and don't worry too much about it.
    Anonymous

• I pull over.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:17 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If it's safe to do so I pull over. I wouldn't pull over on a multiple lane road for example but in town I will stop at the side. If I'm walking I stop and remove my hat if I'm wearing one. My son does the same.

One time I was in a funeral procession going through a 4-way stop situation. One guy decided he didn't want to wait and almost hit us cutting across the parade, horn honking and turning the air blue with his cursing. Some people have no decency.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:28 PM on May. 12, 2009