Divorce and Custody?

My husband was sent to prison in Aug. 2006, we have been working on a divorce since April 2007. Anyway, I have been with my current boyfriend since April 2007. My soon to be ex and I have 1 son together. My current man has taken care of him since he was 3 months old(he is now 28 months now). My ex hasdone next to nothing for his son, is on psych meds, lives off of SSI, and has had 5-6 different homes in the past 2 years. He gets $800.00 a months for SSI and thats it. Me and my BF make close to $2000.00 and have lived in the same apartmentfor a little over 2 years. We have a daughter and another one on the way, and my ex says that since I have 2 kids and am pregnant, he will get full custody of our son. I let him see him, but he always backs out, he sees his son MAYBE 50 hours a months (his choice). Do you ladies think that he will get full custody based on this information?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hell no dont even worry However you can loose your son if you keep him from him so I would go to the courts tell them based on his past you want supervised visitation and him drugged tested and let him not show up and bury him self

Anonymous

• No, he won't get custody. However, I do want to say that your complaint that he sees his son "MAYBE 50 hours a month": that's pretty damn good. My ex hasn't come to see my sons in 3 yrs. Unless you are wanting him to take him for full weekends or something, 50 hours a month is nothing to complain about. But, no, he won't get custody just because you have 2 kids and are pregnant. He's just trying to get to you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• not at all! i think youll be fine there is no way that he is going to get your kid. he dosnt make enough money, dosnt see his son as much as he should, and if he went to prison i dont see it happening he would have to have alot on you to get him.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:40 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Don't sweat his ass for one minute. Let's say I am the judge. Um ex-con vs stable mother....hmmm no brainer. Sounds like he is good at running his pie hole and nothing more, perhaps he should expend that energy on his own life rather than bullying you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:34 PM on May. 12, 2009