I'd like to change to a different pediatrician....

when i go to my appointments with my son to his pediatrician i feel like he his brushing my family off... in which he does what he has to do (ex. vaccines, or any concerns we might have) gives us the "everythings good have a good day" make an appt. and walks away, im hating it!

what is a mom to do? of course change pediatrician, but im scared because i dont want to keep jumping around from pediatrician to pediatrician or at least thats what i feel will happen, can anyone refer me to a GREAT pediatrician in the bay ridge area of brooklyn, ny?

i hope so, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• Rather than go to a new ped, why not switch to a family practice doctor? You can't see ours, because she is in Chicago. My daughter, husband and I; my sister and her family, and many of our friends all go to the same doctor.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• What you do is make an appointment to talk to the pediatrician they recommend this before you have the baby but you should be able to do it now and you basically interview them. I never had to do this because I'm 22 and my dd sees my old pediatrician. But when she's on vacation I hate taking dd to anyone unless its an emergency I don't trust many doctors. But I just think it would be a good idea for you to call the doctors office and ask if you can meet a few of the pediatricians before making a decision about going to one just because one person likes the doctor don't mean you will.

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:01 PM on May. 12, 2009