$42, 000 to paint TRASH CANS!!!

Does this seem excessive to any one else? One of the larger cities around here is spending $42,000 dollars for an artist to paint a series of trash cans through out the city. Keep in mind, in this same city, teachers are being laid off because of the economy, they are in dire need of more police officers but can't afford them, and funding for programs that help the inner city kids is being cut....but they can spend $42,000 + on painting TRASHCANS!! Oh and they are using tax payer dollars for it.

abbynzachsmommy

Asked by abbynzachsmommy at 6:05 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Can you provide more details for the story?
    Anonymous

• I am not sure where you live, but if my city were struggling like that and they were doing something that frivolous with taxpayer money I would be pretty upset.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Thats the extent of what the news said. I know its not alot of them, just an hand full of trash cans (less than 20). And the mayor is trying to get this reversed, and there is a ton of out rage over it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I would offer to paint twice as many trash cans for half the money!!!! Lol! Seriously, that is ridiculous. An art program should pay for something like that, not the city.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Ah don't you just love bureaucracy!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:27 PM on May. 12, 2009

• lolol funny but sad.I bet we all can find stupid crap like this within our states too.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh wow. Please don't say its Toledo, Ohio or I'm going to go off! Reminds me of Toledo, police officers laid off, crime is outrageous, they are closing several of our brand new schools next year that we just spent millions of taxpayer dollars on because the people were conned, teachers being laid off, its ridiculous here. Then some idiot is getting stimulus money to produce "green" trash receptacles that have a stupid solar panel in the top that allows for the damn things to light up and show advertisements on the sides, each one will cost around $6,000.00! For what a freakin garbage can that will be vandalized and slopped up with coke and food drippings and fly crap. Then what are they going to create jobs for people to go around and clean the dang things. The idiot on TV even said that since they are shapped like a podium, that he would like to see Obama stand at one to give a speech! Where you dimwit--in your dreams
    Anonymous

• wow anon lmboooooo pitiful
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:37 PM on May. 12, 2009