Food Suggestions

My DD is going to be one at the end of the month & we're slowly incorporating more and more "big kid" foods into her diet. The problem is that we're running out of easy & quick ideas for her. So do any of you moms have any fast, easy, & healthy receipies or suggestions for me? Preferably some that we can all enjoy together as a family. Thanks!

prettylilrae

Asked by prettylilrae at 6:08 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At that age, they were eating everything we ate. Just fix a plate for her and put it in front of her.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:24 AM on May. 13, 2009

• for lunch my kids really like cheese dogs. they are hot dogs wih cheese in them. its soft, so if she doesnt have many teeth than its easy for her to eat.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 6:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• spaghetti, lasagna, ANY pasta under the sun really lol! Mashed potatoes, steamed veggies of any kind! My son LOVE LOVE LOVES a whole apple I just pile the skin off and cut off the steams and let him go at it he's 16months now but he's been an apple fan since his firs birthday! Kix, cherrios, oh YOGURT my son LOVES yogurt! Smoothies are so much fun too! GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• oh yeah dont forget hotdogs lol...tortillas with cheese and even grilled cheese. Just always make sure you watch her and you know the basics of the Heimlich just in case
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My youngest is almost exactly the same age. (She'll be a year old on the 28th.) Here's a few of my favorites:

Steam baby carrots and asparagus together. It's healthy, tasty, and she can easily pick it up and eat it herself.

Cornish game hens. Maya (my soon to be four year old) things it's hilarious that she gets her own "baby" chicken. Avis loves the roasted chicken, and the gravy I make with the drippings in the pan on her mashed potatoes.

Feel like a mess? Sloppy joes! Just get the mini buns (they're about the size of Krystal's), strip the kids down to their drawers/diaper, and let them go to town!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 6:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Grilled cheese, you can even do soup in a sippy if you get something like tomato and cool it down. Chicken breast. We do a lot of sandwiches for lunches. Pastas are always good. Hamburgers. What I do with sandwiches and hamburgers for her is rip them into little pieces as individual ingredients. I tear a piece of bread apart and a piece of cheese, you get the ides. She eats them that way anyway. She will eat them layer by layer if I "build" them first. Chicken nuggets are popular. Steamed veggies are always good and fruits cut into chunks. My daughter cannot eat an apple whole yet, but she will eat an entire apple in pieces.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my son is 1. this is what he's had to eat today: breakfast was scrambled eggs with whole milk (makes them fluffy) and the last of his organic vanilla yogurt, and a cup of diluted apple juice. for a snack he had cheerios. this is terrible...I cant remember what he had for lunch *mommy brain moment* but he had a cup of milk..I remember that lol, but of course I gave him SOMETHING to eat...for dinner he had whole wheat pasta with pureed broccoli and tofu and some water to drink!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If you decide to give her hotdogs, peel the skin off, they are a choking hazard.
    Anonymous

• my mom told me that i loved to eat noodles with butter and parmesian cheese...that was it lol. but i dont know of any other ideas im about to have my first here in july.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• me again! I remember what my son had for lunch LOL I gave him canned sliced peaches! he looooves them
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:59 PM on May. 12, 2009