Do any of you regret a divorce?

I want to leave my husband of 11 years. I haven't been happy for at least 8 of those years and there were about 4 years when the boys were younger that I actually hated him. There has been improvement over the past couple years and I know that I could stay for the sake of the boys, but there's been so much hurt and resentment in the past that I'm not sure if I can ever love him again.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good man who I believe loves me in his own way, but I don't know that I can keep doing this. I want out. But I hate hurting my kids like this. I'm really at a loss and don't know what to do.

So ladies, my question is this: If you were the one that pursued the divorce because you weren't happy, do you look back and wish that you had stayed and worked at it more? Please - any comments (except bashing) will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I've never regretted my divorce. Life is short. Just keep looking forward when you go, don't look back

Answer by admckenzie at 6:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• No, I don't regret getting a divorce. It was the best thing I ever did for myself and my future. Divorce can be hard on kids but not any harder than living with two unhappy parents. Once you've exhausted every outlet to save the marriage, there's only one thing left. For some married couples they don't even need to go through every outlet (cases of abuse). There are many couples that seek mediation instead of going through a lawyer. Mediation is much cheaper and can accomplish much more than two busy lawyers charging $300 per piece of paper work and other $$ going towards any phone calls they make to the other lawyer. There are couples that actually decide to work on things after going through mediation.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The only part of my divorce I regret is not doing it sooner. I too waited after 11 very long years of marriage. Thank God it wasn't 12. I am now remarried and feel like my life is exactly where it was meant to be. I had several reasons for leaving my ex including adultry but before I had the proof, I felt obligated to stay for my kids too and bought every book on improving marriage and attended workshops and counseling. Once I made the decision to walk out that door, I NEVER regretted it for a minute. I don't believe for a second I did the wrong thing for me or my kids and my kids tell me all the time how much happier they are not living in the tension.
    haston

Answer by haston at 9:47 PM on May. 12, 2009