How do you get organic groceries while on food stamps?

The local grocery stores have less than one aisle of organic foods. We don't have ANY organic food stores. All we have is 2 farmer's markets, but they don't take food stamps, of course. The closest organic store is an hour and a half away. I live in an apartment; so I can't grow a garden either.....How do you shop organic?

And also, how do you change over to organic? As in lifestyle, etc... I think the only things they recycle around here are metals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I drink organic milk and my mom has a garden. But other than that non organic isnt that bad, people are still living lol

Make a small "in house" garden along your window sills. Grow lettuce in the bathroom if you have to lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 7:17 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You can make a small little garden for some of your fruits and veggies just some...they have things on infomercials for that situation...try google'ing it. As for shopping organic you probably should just make the trip to the store that is half an hour away..try to stock up. Freeze what you know you wont use before it goes bad. If its frozen it will be JUST fine. As for crossing over from norm to organic, you just do it. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I would be willing to drive half an hour away, but the only stores are 1 1/2 hours away....
    Anonymous