whats the least amount of money you and your SO, DH, BF can live off?

i live rent free right now with my mom so does my SO we had 5 credit cards with a total balance of 15,ooo on them since dec we have paid it all off just this last paycheck..... my SO makes 3500 month and we would live off 500 a month because we settled with our credit cards paying one off one by one with ridiclious amounts of up to 750 a month for 4 mo. so we have lived off 500 a month whats the least you have lived off?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 6:26 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• just hubby and I we could go on $100...sometimes we just had to now with our son lol its impossible to live off anything less than $500 a month.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Well we could make on$500 a month but nothing less.
    Anonymous

• its not at all impossiable ive been doing it for 6 mo with a kid no gov asst. nothing.
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 6:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• When I was a student I lived off of $1000 month. My rent at the time having been $700.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 6:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

• First of all GREAT JOB!!! Must feel awsome having your credit cards payed off! As for you question: Right now my hubby and I are living off 600$ a month wiht foodstamps and we have our own place. I am a SAHM and he lost his job 4 months ago. So we are both unemployed. I am however looking for work and had a job interview today. That being said all we are doing is paying our rent and cell phone bill. The car compnay is working with us but they are getting antsy now...and hopefully I can get a pay check soon so I can pay for electicity. As for cable and internet I am sure that will be shut off soon =( So ya it is hard....but I soppose things will get better eventually =)
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 6:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i know how that all feels shannon....its always worse before it gets better! hold your head up :)
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 6:37 PM on May. 12, 2009

• When I was in college I lived on $14 a week; that was about 10 years ago and didn't include my rent which worked out to about $30 a week. That adds up to about $180 a month. I couldn't live on anything like that now, our mortgage is more than 10 times that!
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:51 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Ya I know....but I have been so depressed and in tears all day lol I read the Tarot and all the guidence I recive tell me that it is almost over and that have the strenght to get through.....so I am trying =) Good question to post btw considering today's economy =)
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 6:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• $500...that's about what we spend on groceries every month (for 3 adults and 4 kids).
    As a family (now that we are about to be debt free...declaring bankruptcy) and living with my dad we could live off of probably $1000 a month. If we had our own place we would probably need every last cent my husband makes (about $2200 take home every month).
    In college I made like $600 a month and lived off that paying rent and utilities, food and everything else. I barely scraped by, though.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• He can live off of 0, he lives with his parents, but he is 20, and going to school..so I think he's ok..but he has a job anyway..extra money is aways nice haha
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 7:13 PM on May. 12, 2009