is it safe to take a baby out on a boat.?

It has an indoor cabin and I want her to get to go out with the family

dancerdeer70

Asked by dancerdeer70 at 6:54 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was on boats non-stop when I was a baby, a kid, a teen and even now as an adult I go occasionally. So long as your baby is warm, dry and fed it should be fine. Also, you'll want to keep baby in a lifejacket :)
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 6:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i wouldn't see why not. as long as you take sunscreen for baby, use a hat, sunglasses and make sure you have everything you could possibly need for her since there isn't a go back and grab something kind of situation in a boat and shes younger so she has to have certain things compared to an adult who can just wait til you get back...i would probably also check and see if there is some kind of lifejacket made for babies that way IF anything where to happen she'd have it on
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• With a life jacket it should be fine.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• sun screen, life jacket, and in mommy's reach, then yep :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:23 PM on May. 12, 2009