how do i get my son to listen to me?

he has been hitinhg me and puting his hands around the cats neck how do i get him to stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sounds like he needs some discipline. You correct his behavior. Put a stop to it and make him listen to you. If he needs a spanking, give him one. SPANK his butt and make him lay in his bed. You have to take control now, or you will never have it. He will rule you or you will rule him, that's it... that's your only options.
    Anonymous

• Spank him if he doesnt get the message.. pull his pants down and spank him until he cries. And every time he does something spank him again. He will get the message, if you are in public warn him once. Then go directly to the restroom and pull his pants down and spank him again. He needs to learn the lesson now before he gets to big and then will never listen. Thats the problem with kids these days. Parents are scared to spank. They need it!!!!
    Anonymous

• First how old is he? I like timeout. My daughter knew what timeout was by the time she was crawling. If she crawled and got into something and I told her no and she kept doing it she got timeout. One minute for every year your child is. It works for us. Also we have a cat and I told my daughter if she can't be nice to kittie she can't play with him. He has scratched her a couple times and instead of baby her I told her she was mean to kittie so he was mean back. She learned.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 7:37 PM on May. 12, 2009

• How old is he?
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 7:37 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes gotta start when they are young. If u wait until they are walking to say NO.. then you will have big problems. Timeouts, swat his hand.( Get a time out chair)
    Anonymous

• puy him in his room and read 1-2-3 magic
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:39 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I personally don't believe in spanking. My daughter is 3 and I have NEVER had to spank her. The timeout works. You just have to be firm and be the parent. In most states spanking is against the law and considered child abuse.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 7:39 PM on May. 12, 2009

• what?? Stevenswife.....what states is spanking ilegal honey?? Its NOT abuse. its ok to spank but, not in anger or to leave marks. I spank my kid in love NOT anger. I explain he did something and why hes being spanked. I do warn him... so he has a chance. And in publi I spank that butt if needed. Theres always a bathroom somewhere to do it in private!! Or I tell him when he gets home... he knows where to go to wait fot me or my husband. I use a belt if I have to on a bare butt and he doesnt get out of line very often. He knows better, iam not raising a brat who will walk all over me sista.
    Anonymous

• I spank my kid as needed. My kids do something, they know whats gonna happen. "LINE UP"
    Anonymous

• I decided to raise my child with love rather than abuse. To me spanking is abuse and a belt is a weapon. This is my feelings and my daughter listens and is a good kid. She knows manners and is polite. I feel there are other ways of discipline rather than hitting.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 7:59 PM on May. 12, 2009