Amazing births..

I was watching this show where a woman gave birth to twins by herself! One was breech!(Last one.) Thank the Lord they are both healthy and doing great! How do you feel about home birth? She was supposed to have a midwife,but the babies came early and the midwife lived 4 hrs away. By the time she showed up the mother was nursing both babies.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 7:48 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • Proof. Us women can do it by ourselves. I have thought about a home birth with a midwife because hospitals are so impersonal. Not to mention they are a business. Hospitals are always inducing women because they want them in labor and out of the delivery room to move on to the next. That is why they don't like labors to take too long. I want to do a home birth for my next. I think that is an amazing story. Our bodies are amazing. A lot of time a labor can work itself out, it just takes a long time.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 9:27 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Honestly, I think that is irresponsible parenting. Not all home births, but a home birth that isn't well planned out. If you want to have your baby at home, by all means, go ahead. But make sure you have a plan, and trained professionals to help in case there is an issue. If one of those babies had a cord wrapped around his/her neck, the baby could have died. Sure, she had a midwife, but choosing someone that lived that far away? I would have been calling 911 if I went into labor and my midwife was 4 hours away.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 7:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• That is amazing I couldn't even get the hang of breastfeeding in the 4 hours following and I didn't deliver my own baby either! When I was pregnant with my daughter and got to the chapter in' What to Expect' that tells you what to do if you're alone and need to deliver your own baby holy I was freaked out.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 7:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i wouldn't ever personally consider a home birth. i think it's risky. i rather be in the hospital...where incase of a medical emergency, i'm right there.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

• There is nothing irresponsible about having the birth you want to have at home. Even UC (unassisted childbirth) is a safe choice for most women.
    I will be having a home waterbirth with this baby (due next month), attended by 2 midwives and a doula and of course my loving husband, our two daughters, and my mom. I am completely comfortable with birthing alone, without assistance.
    savvybabygrace

Answer by savvybabygrace at 8:36 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I'd suggest that anyone interested in homebirth watch "The Business of Being Born" and "Orgasmic Birth".
    savvybabygrace

Answer by savvybabygrace at 8:37 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree women can and have had babies on their own since the beginning of time. This woman did her research and everything. I think it is amazing that she was able to do it all on her own. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 1:48 PM on May. 13, 2009