Can women and guys be friends?

What would you do if your SO talked to, texted, IM'd, emailed or hung out with the opposite sex. Would you be okay with it? Would one upset you more then the other?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Not sure, My dh only has a few guy friends. He's a loner. I'm the same way. I have a couple girl friends.
    tigerlily721

Answer by tigerlily721 at 7:51 PM on May. 12, 2009

• mine does but he also has sex with them. Mine's a slut though. Sometimes I have to remember why he's significant to me! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• One of the best guy friend that I have is a guy I use to date in high school. My DH is just fine with that because it was along time ago. He's married and his wife and I are friends. So I yhink its ok as long as it stays a friendship.
    Ash3807

Answer by Ash3807 at 7:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't think it's appropriate for women to hang out with guy friends (and visa versa) without their spouses there.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 8:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Have you ever seen "When Harry Met Sally."

Harry was right.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my guy doesn't like hanging out with other girls, lol, he hates the drama and the catiness! So I don't have to worry about my guy hanging with chicks =]]
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• sure! it doesnt happen all the time, but he often gets text messages or calls from female friends, sometimes inviting him to see a band at a bar, or invite him (well...us) to a bbq. I have no problem with that at all. I know all of them and they are very nice! I have a best male friend, and SO knows him too! he doesnt have a problem with him being my friend!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My hubby has a few female friends. But they are married women who have kids and know him because they grew up and went to school together. That doesn't bother me at all, they text each other to say hi and show off pictures of the babies. And I have guys that I talk to on the phone and chat with but its never in a romantic way. I like intellectual people. It's easy to tell if the person you or your SO is talking to is thinking in a romantic more than friends type of way. I think it is okay for you SO to have friends of the opposite sex as long as that person does not see them in a romantic type of way. People can be just friends with someone they know they'll never have. But inside they still fantasize and what not, thy still want the person in a sexual way. So as long as it is purely intellectual I think it is okay.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 9:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i dont have a problem with it. i have more friends that are guys then girls. i dont like the drama that alot of girls have lol.but as long as i know that hes not sleeping with them then im fine with it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My SO's best friend when we met was a girl...now I'm closer friends with her than he is! I really don't see a problem anyway.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:43 PM on May. 12, 2009