Help me please need real advice no ones "opinions"

I just need a straight answer so i can relax.I would liek answers from people that actually know something.I am 23 weeks pregnant and i've been gettin serious teeth work done,(root canals & extractions)That the dentist insists is real needed so infections dont hurt the baby,Sooo they cant give me the regular novacaine cause it doesnt numb me i even passed out during a root canale..it was so painful so my dentist got permission from my doctor to give me very little novacaine with espertaine i think thats what it's called well hes been doing all this work and hes had me on darvocets for about a month and im terrfied,the reason he gives me them is cause the work is painful and i need to be able to eat fro em and the babys sake.I just woudl liek to know if anyone has taking them this long and if their baby cameout alright?I need to know.please i had an ultrasound at my 20th week and they said everything was ok.But that doesnt mean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• that doesnt mean even thoguh i had the ultar soudn done and they said everythign was ok that theres not a chance that theres somethign wrong right?Idk i just need an answer i hate my doctors office their so not helpful.I wish i chose a better one,i even got perscribed vicodin but only took a few then threw them away it made me feel so bad but once you stay up a week without eating your idead change so ..so on and so fourth i asked for darvocets cause thier "safer"...im a first tiem mom and im scared for my litte mans sake.I just need to be assured.Knowlegable answers woudl be awesome.Thanks for whoever is reading me go on and on..i just need someoen to talk to me about this :( pleeasse
    Anonymous

• call a pediatrician and see what they think. They take care of babies after the obs do all the damage the stupid ones can do.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:07 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I would see another Dr.
    From what I know you shouldn't have any work done on your teeth during pregnancy.
    I could be wrong. I know that when I was pregnant with my first my gums gave me Hell so I went to the dentist. He said he couldn't do anything until after I had the baby. He gave me some rinse and that was it.
    As for the pain meds, I don't know, I never even drank a soda when I was pregnant because of the caffeine, for fear it would pass to the baby. So again I would talk to your Dr. I'm sorry if I wasn't much help.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Do you already have infections in your teeth? If so then yes you need the work done. I don't know the answer to your questions, I'm sorry. I suggest checking with the pharmacist or going online and researching the meds at Drugs.com I hope everything goes well.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You will be fine..I had a root canal and a tooth abscess during my last pregnancy. I was prescribed Vicodin both times and my baby turned out okay. My OB approved of the medication I was taking. It's better you get your teeth taken care of now and not have it turn into something worse. Extreme dental pain is horrible, but it's even worse when you are pregnant!!!
    Anonymous