If this happens in your lifetime?

If you are alive to witness Christians being murdered or tortured or both in camps like the Jewish people where in the past. How would that affect your personal view on the whole subject? Would that be enough to prove that God is real and satan is real? If not please tell me what it would prove to you. Or what your feelings would be. Would you feel relief if you are not a Christian? Would you be sad? Please no bashing.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 7:57 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • I'm currently sick and fuzzy headed but I will say this. I do not think ANYONE should have to go through that horror, but it will happen. There are two billion Christians today or more. That is a lot of people. IF you are not one and feel like you would want to help, that great and a nice thought. Would you still do so if it meant death for yourself and family? The bible holds nothing BUT truth. There are tons of people(including me)that have said this.."Why doesn't life come with an instruction manual?" Well it does. The Bible. Yet, people still deny its purpose. Do I think it would be worse for Christians to be put in camps? No both cases will be equal in evil. They both stem from the same source. So how can one be worse than the other? As far as all of you that say it will prove nothing to you. Thank you for answering honestly. At least you are honest. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I would be sad.
    Anonymous

• it wouldn't prove anything to me other than that there are sick people out there, and it would disgust me just like the hollocaust and every other case of genocide that has happened in our lifetime. i don't see what anyone being christian would have to do with how it affects my views on being christian or my religious beliefs
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I already know God is real and it would definately make me upset and sad. I hope it won't come to that in my lifetime.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Really, it wouldn't change my views. i would feel terrible that it was happening. And, no, it wouldn't prove to me that "Satan" is real. It would just prove to me that more dark entities had somehow moved their way into a place of power and they were enforcing their beliefs with power and genecide, like Hitler (in fact, I believe it may actually be the same spirit as Hitler0.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• An event doesn't prove God's existence to me, the testimony born by the Holy Spirit does.
    Anonymous

• I agree with vchabmommy
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The character of Satan has been VERY much sensationalized since the bible was written. All the violence in Christianity was added much later by dictators who just wanted to further their agenda. So if he were real, I don't believe he'd cause something like that.

And like most other replies, no, an event like that would not change my views on religion. It would just sadden me that there is such intolerance in the world. There have been many other genocides in the world, and those didn't make me believe in THOSE peoples' gods, why would this be any different?
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:19 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Id be disgusted by human stupidity and wrongdoing. It wouldnt prove God does or doesnt exist(although I believe he/she does) nor would it prove satan exists(which I believe is a made up concept anyway).

People do rotten and mean things all the time. It has no bearing on the believability of God or christianity or any other religion.

Id feel sorry for those tortured and for those left behind. Id help where I could...thats it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:20 PM on May. 12, 2009

• For JW's it already did,The worst was in Germany during WWII and here another link USHMM but there are other Countries even today.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:25 PM on May. 12, 2009