Why is all caps considered "YELLING"?

I love caps, and all these little rules are insane.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Stop yelling! :-)
    Anonymous

• Because it's typically used in a bold, loud way. Go ahead and use it if you like--but don't be surprised if people start getting nasty with you because they misunderstand your words =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Because there is no way for people to understand your emotional meaning behind your words when reading type. There are "rules" one of which is all caps is yelling. Sorry but you just have to get with the program or piss people off.
    Anonymous

• I like to use caps too, I do piss some people off occasionally because they don't understand 'how' I'm talking.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 8:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• USE THEM IF YOU WANT. TO ME IF YOU DONT SEE!!!!!!!! AT THE END OF SOMETHING THEN THE PERSONE ISNT YELLING. LOL
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It's not a rule.
    For the same reason ":)" means happy face. Internet lingo, derh!
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 8:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• lmao
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree, who really cares about caps, I don't. Some people are a l i t t l e testy about this subject though!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I used all caps once and sent the e-mail to my dad and he chewed me out for yelling at him. I agree with the other gal that it's not yelling until you see the !!! with it.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:23 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I wouldn't call it a rule, as much as politeness, if you for instance were coming over and yelling at me, then I would consider you rude, I don't consider yelling to be a polite form of speech, it's not a rule out in public that you can't yell everything, however go ahead and try it... see what the response will be, caps = yelling, that's why it's rude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caps_lock

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:41 PM on May. 12, 2009