Take out the trash!!!

My BF and I have split responsibilities in the house. One of his jobs is to take out the trash. To me, taking out the trash means the following:

-Monitor when the trash is getting full
-When the trash is full take it out - and by out I mean to the bin! Not to outside the door and I'll put it in the bin on my way out in the morning!
-The Biggie: PUT A NEW TRASH BAG IN!

The last one kills me! He never puts a new bag in! It drives me nuts! I do laundry. I don't just put dirty clothes in the washer; I put them in the dryer, fold them and then put them away! Why can't my BF?!

Help Ladies!!!

TaiyoandMe

Asked by TaiyoandMe at 8:06 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• make a picture chart so he can understand. Men are visual people. Maybe he just doesn't get it. Maybe we could invent a video game that shows them exactly how to do it right! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 8:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• HAHAHA! A video game! That's hilarious! I could see it now.

TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 8:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i had read some where about some one putting little notes on her husbands dresser drawers reminding him to close them, i guess that he thought that it was cute and it worked. maybe try putting a note on the trash can. idk if it will work but its worth a shot. if not the video game sounds good too. lol
    jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 8:37 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You'll never win this battle..if he doesnt get it now, he may never get it! Unfortunalty thats how men are..until the day comes that it bothers him, he won't do it the way you want it done. I started doing it myself and now i have handed it over to my oldest son as a chore. Start putting his folded laundry next to the trash can..maybe that'll help heehee ;)
    gina004

Answer by gina004 at 9:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• if this is all you have to complain about ..you're LUCKY! lol
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 9:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My son is 6 1/2 and has already developed this problem...the notes thing makes me laugh because when I was 9 months pregnant with our first, I freaked out about things being in the right place in the kitchen. I bought a label gun and actually put labels on all the shelves of the cupboards, pantry and fridge!
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think that men are missing a gene that makes us notice that a garbage can is full but they don't see it! My DH and DS never notice that it is full and when I tell one of them to take the trash out they too forget to put in a new bag or ask me- usually in the middle of something- to do it!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You are nitpicking. What is the big deal if he puts it outside in the morning? And why is it so hard for you to put the bag back in? If this is the only thing you have to stress about be grateful.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:45 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I am greatful and it's not the only thing. The real problem is when I do say something, it's like I'm attacking him and I'm not. I'm no clean freak and I'm not a perfectionist by any means, but I do respect him and the job I do. I think it's only considerate that he does things to completion out of respect for all the things I do. I cook, clean...everything! He has one job! TAKE OUT THE TRASH! It's not about "if this is the biggest thing in your relationship, then get over it." I don't think I need to have it bad in order to strive for better. I treat people how I want to be treated! I think it's inconsiderate to not put a new bag in because the show is starting.
    TaiyoandMe

Answer by TaiyoandMe at 1:10 PM on May. 13, 2009