going to DISNEYLAND WHILE in 1st Trimester -opinions?

It has come to my attention that there is a LOT of people who have a STRONG opinion on this topic - so please bare in mind that I have yet to do anything rash.

My question is; because there TRULY IS NO solid data or tests to back up anyone..

here is my situtation, I have NEVER BEEN TO DISNEYLAND... and my husband deploys shortly after I give birth to our first child in December (i am still in my first trimester) and we have free tickets to go to Disneyland for a DAY with friends,

does anyone think I will be risking the baby if i go on a roller coaster at disneyland?
I mean, it's NO 6-flags with crazy drops and twists in turns - does disneyland seriously have "crazy-rides" ??? just wondering what everyone thought -maybe some of you have gone??

I go see my health care provider on thursday (5/14) and I will ask him then, but id just curious to see what yall thought!!

KalieGirl

Asked by KalieGirl at 8:06 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dude, Me and Aaron went to Universal when i was like 13 weeks, I was fine..
    neenerashley

Answer by neenerashley at 1:07 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I think if you're in good health and have no reason for concern it should be ok (but OF COURSE, ask the doc). Your baby isn't large enough to cause harm and it's just something exciting and exhilarating.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i would go b/c its free, but i don't think i'd ride any of the rides, however most amusement parks have notices saying who the ride is not safe for, so it should say so if it is not safe for preg women. some of the rides do have crazy drops etc...but most do not. ( i have not been but used to work for disney) so i would go, have fun but if you aren't sure about a ride or your doc says to only stick w/certain ones than just sit the other rides out. i went to bush gardens in my first trimester i just didn't ride any rides i sat them out and window shopped played games etc...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I would definitely go, I haven't been to Disney Land, but at Disney World there was maybe 5 "crazy" rides tops. Most of the rides are easy going so the entire family can enjoy them, including little kids. You might want to stay away from a ride or two if it's too crazy, but that's up to you.

If you start to feel sick, or light headed or anything else unusual then sit down and take a rest. In fact, I would strongly suggest resting regularly while you're there. And snacking a lot!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:19 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i rode roller coasters at 3 months with both of my kids. yes, the topsy turvy, high up and down, upside down, side to side ones too. no, i didn't ask my doc, mainly cuz i didn't go to the doc until i was about 4 months with both my kids. not my choice, that's when both docs decided to see me. actually, i didn't even tell them to be honest.

But that was just me. you need to make sure you're not high risk for anything, like miscarriage or something, make sure you're perfectly healthy. everyone's body is different and comes from different backgrounds so really only you and the doc can answer that one.
    Anonymous

• There are maybe 5-10 rides I would be cautious of. My husband and I went back in Sept. I wasn't pregnant but my husband did have knee surgery the month prior. There are lots of rides that my 18 month old could ride so I say Go and ENJOY YOURSELF! My husband is currently deployed, we are planning a trip to Disney World after he gets home. Enjoy yourself huni, life is gonna get rough after your DH is gone and this is worth it! I would recommend not riding the Tower of Terror or anything like that but a lot of the themed rides like Winnie the Pooh or Peter Pan are not so bad. They are more like riding through a story than a roller coaster.
    Have fun hun, ya'll deserve it!
    RavnJay

Answer by RavnJay at 8:23 PM on May. 12, 2009

• most rides will say if you're pregnant, you should NOT RIDE. i wouldn't go on any rides, myself.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• GO HAVE FUN!!!! just keep an eye out for the warning signs about not riding if your pregnant. i wouldnt want to take the risk. i dont think you need to call your doctor but if it will make you feel better about going then call. it dosnt hurt to be careful and ask. but go have fun and run around when you can not to much longer and you wont be able to do that lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i wouldnt go on the rides that have sighns saying not to go while prego
    def talk to the doc
    and have fun!! :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i would go and enjoy the other fun stuff but i wouldn't go on the rides just cuz i wouldn't want to harm the baby in any way ...jmo
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 2:28 AM on May. 13, 2009