single/military moms of 2 or more kids...

how do you do bath time? together? what if you can't give it to them together? what about having kids of opposite sex? or what if one is at that "asking" point and asks about the younger siblings parts?
I'm mainly asking cuz i see so many moms up here bash other moms for leaving their kids in the bath, even if they do have other kids to take care of. i'm kind of sick of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• i don't have 2 yet, will next week. but my daughter is 3 and i still run out of the bathroom for a minute or two to grab something out of her room. i never leave the upstairs and from every room i can get there quickly enough to help if need be. when lil man gets here next week, i will be changing her bath time, it will go back by an hour (we have slowly been going back 10 mins each night this week so hopefully no big shock). i plan on having little guy either in his bouncy seat in the hall or asleep. when she goes to bed i can give him his bath. when he gets a little older i think she'll at that point be too old to bathe with him but she'll be old enough to pretty much bathe herself so at that point i'll just need to be upstairs so i'll bathe him first then and get him ready while she is in the tub. (military wife)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have always bathed mine together if the time is crunched... and I have(had lost one this past week:( ) 2 girls and 1 boy..
    I rarely left them in the bothroom alone...
    (military wife)
    mamaof2n1angel

Answer by mamaof2n1angel at 8:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• well I have a friend who left her 12 month old alone in the tub to answer the phone in the other room and the child drowned in a few inches of water. So yeah it's bad!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm not a single or military mom, but my husband works 3rd shift, so I guess I meet your qualifications.

My oldest two, boy and girl, are 16 months apart. When they were younger (they are 6 and 8 now) I used to give them baths together. They are both old enough to shower themselves now. But every now and then 1 of the older two will take a bath with their 20 month old brother.
    Anonymous

• I am a military wife, my husband is never home! My oldest is almost 7 and he takes showers by himself. My younger two are b/g twins, 3 years old. I still bathe them together most of the time, and either after my oldest is in bed, or in the morning after he has left for school. Sometimes my daughter just showers with me in the morning (my twin boy is deathly afraid of the shower) and then I give my twin son a bath by himself. They haven't noticed each other's "differences" yet, but when they do I will have to start bathing them seperately of course.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 9:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• what do you do with your boy while you're in the shower with your daughter though?
    Anonymous

• My sister is not a single mom but still bathes her two together. A girl age four and a boy age 1. They both are in the tub or in the bathroom together.
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 10:39 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I still bathe my 3 year old boy and 6 year old girl together. It's just so convenient!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:05 PM on May. 13, 2009

• My boy twin usually just sits in the bathroom playing with his cars waiting for us, or I'll put some cartoons on for him in my room. I always make sure the outside doors are locked downstairs (he can't unlock them by himself) and he's fine.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 9:49 PM on May. 13, 2009